The Part-Time YouTuber Academy is where I’ll teach and help you implement everything I know about growing your YouTube channel into a sustainable machine that churns out valuable content and generates healthy passive income. Without you having to quit your job.
During the 6 weeks, we’ll have a combination of live zoom lessons, open live Q&As, detailed individual feedback on your videos, exercises and tasks to help supercharge your YouTube journey while connecting and having fun with hundreds of other YouTubers on the same path.
The systems we’ve developed and teach on the course grew my own channel from zero to 2.7 million subscribers (with $1,500,000+ in annual revenue) while working full-time as a doctor. We’ve shared them with over 1,500 students in 4 Cohorts, resulting in fantastic results and glowing testimonials already.
The Course Curriculum
WEEK 1: YouTube Foundations
In the first week we establish the foundations of content creation on YouTube in two live sessions where among other things we’ll cover:
- What it takes to succeed on YouTube and the trajectory of YouTube success,
- The importance and role of production value on YouTube,
- Specific gear recommendations at every level for: audio, video, lighting, and editing.
WEEK 2: Conceive Your Ideas
In the second week, we’ll tackle two main YouTube concerns: what to make videos about and how to find video ideas. In the two live sessions we’ll cover:
- Understanding both who we are and who our target audience is, and how to combine these in picking and refining an appropriate niche,
- Establishing the value proposition of our channel, both implicit and explicit,
- The Idea Generation Machine and how to create 5 Months of Content in 5 Minutes.
WEEK 3: Crack The Algorithm
In the third week we’ll break down the two most important steps of YouTube growth – getting people to click on our videos and then keep them watching. Among other things, we’ll cover:
- What makes a good YouTube title and thumbnail, and how to improve and test your own,
- Understanding how to design effective hooks for your videos,
- How to structure and script your videos using the HIVES framework.
WEEK 4: Keep Them Watching
In the fourth week, we’ll focus on how to create a unique and lovable online brand and how to apply business strategies to maintain and grow a sustainable online business. We’ll cover:
- The ABCDEs of Personalisation: aesthetic, branding, confidence & delivery, editing,
- Strategies for systemising idea generation, writing, filming, editing and publishing,
- Creating and growing content buckets for your YouTube channel.
WEEK 5: Grow Your Empire
In the fifth week we’re going to focus on growing your empire by building your audience and your team. We’ll cover:
- Why you should be repurposing your content across multiple platforms and how to effectively do this using our copy-righted technique → the Artery Method,
- The 8 Levels of Content Repurposing,
- How to outsource editing effectively – where to find editors, how to select them and how to train them to be able to recreate your ‘unique’ style.
WEEK 6: Make Good Money
In the last week we’re going to deep dive into all aspects of YouTube monetisation and integrate everything we’ve taught so far in two live sessions. We’ll cover:
- Understanding all methods of YouTube monetisation (with numbers) from ad-sense and CPMs to affiliate links to sponsors to personal products,
- Understanding how Proof of Work influences YouTube growth,
- And finally a summary of all the lessons we’ve delivered so far in the PTYA.
By the end of the 6-week course…
- You’ll have kickstarted your YouTube channel (if you haven’t yet), with 6 published videos.
- You’ll have the next 3-6 months of content planned out, and a streamlined system to sustain this.
- You’ll be comfortable in front of a camera, with techniques to boost your charisma.
- You’ll get my recommendations for gear and studio setups for all budget levels, so you can level-up your production value while being focused on your content.
- You’ll know how to refine your niche, and you’ll have a system that ensures you’ll never run out of content ideas – The Idea Generation Machine.
- You’ll have a method (the HIVEs Framework) for structuring your videos in a way that appeals to your audience and to the YouTube algorithm.
- You’ll understand how to accelerate your growth by efficiently repurposing your content to multiple platforms with the Artery Method.
- You’ll understand the various monetisation options available to creators, and you’ll know how to use them to generate passive income.
- You’ll know the value of building a team as soon as you can, and you’ll have a roadmap for outsourcing your editing and hiring extra team members.
Who’s the Course For?
- Basically, the course is for anyone who wants to take YouTube seriously. If you’re committed to growing your online brand and putting yourself in the best position to build, sustain and succeed at this YouTube thing, we’re here for you, and we promise you’ll get large amounts of value from the course.
- The specifics of what this looks like can get a bit complicated, because (a) the course is pretty varied, and (b) the specific value you’ll get from it does depend on your YouTube experience level. We’ve tried to break things down (very roughly) by subscriber count. Naturally, this is an imperfect metric, but it’s the best we’ve got to stratify people, so please take the specific breakdown with a pinch of salt.
Who’s This Course NOT For
This course isn’t for you if…
- You’re not willing to put in the time and effort to make 1 video per week during the 6 weeks.
- You’re looking for a magic bullet that’ll get your channel to grow without any effort. There’s no secret here. It’s just about putting in the work, doing it consistently, and stacking the deck in your favour in whatever way you can.
- You’re hoping that starting a YouTube channel will be a get-rich-quick scheme. Again, that’s not how it works. There are no shortcuts.
- You’re looking for a guaranteed path to 10k, or 100k, or 1M subscribers. There are no guarantees in this game. It’s like signing up for a writing course and expecting to have 1M readers per month for your blog, or 100,000 sales of your book. That’s not how it works. We’ll do our best to teach you the systems and processes that have worked for us and our students, but we can’t ‘guarantee’ any specific result.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do I need to have a YouTube channel to join the course?
No, it’s not compulsory but I’d recommend that you set up a channel before the start of the course.
- Do I need to have a certain number of subscribers to join the course?
No. We do recommend that you have a channel set up but in the first four cohorts we’ve had a whole range of people from those with zero subscribers to channels with over 200k. I hope this course helps everyone move their channels forward regardless of what stage of the journey they’re at.
- What experience with YouTube do I need to have?
No past experience of YouTube is required, you just need a desire to make YouTube part of your future
- I’ve made 100 videos already, is this course for me?
Of course, The course is aimed at everyone of all abilities. Having 100 videos provides you with a really solid foundation to grow, monetise and scale your channel and we hope we can help you do that through the lessons on the course.
- What sort of channel is the course suitable for?
The course is not tailored to any specific genre/style of video. That being said the educational channels (think my channel, Matt D’Avella, Mayuko) are ideal for this course. Still, if your videos try to provide value to your audience, the exact type of your channel won’t matter. In fact, I think the system and processes in the course can be applied to any genre of video and we’ll be on hand to help make sure that you feel able to apply these methods if you encounter any issues.
- What is the minimum equipment required to take the course?
There are no requirements for equipment and gear. All you need is something to film with so your phone is perfectly fine, that’s how I started back in 2017.
- Do I need to know how to edit videos?
Yes and no ? You do need to edit your videos so prior experience will be beneficial but for everyone that doesn’t have editing skills, we’ll run a video editing crash course during the onboarding week. Plus, you’ll get access to a free video class – ‘Video Editing with Final Cut Pro X – From Beginner to YouTuber’
More courses from the same author: Ali AbdaalShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1