Arielle Schwartz – Complex PTSD Clinical Workshop, A Comprehensive Approach to Accurately Assess
Many clinicians are trained in the treatment of single traumatic events, but are not fully equipment to treat Complex PTSD. The traditional approaches to the treatment of PTSD can fall short when working with clients with Complex PTSD. Watch this recording to learn how you can adapt your therapeutic approach to help clients diagnosed with Complex PTSD achieve more successful outcomes.
The most common question asked when treating Complex PTSD is, “where do I start?”. In this training, you will develop confidence in your ability to successfully organize and prioritize your client’s treatment goals. You will learn how to compassionately and effectively work with clients who have experienced multiple traumatic events and prolonged trauma exposure.
Successful treatment requires a compassionate therapeutic relationship and effective, research-based interventions. After this two-day workshop you will learn how to:
- Help clients move out of crisis by building stabilizing resources
- Prepare clients to work through traumatic memories without becoming Overwhelmed
- Develop an integrative trauma treatment plan that includes CBT, DBT, EMDR Therapy, Somatic Psychology, Parts Work Therapy, and Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM).
In this recording, Dr. Arielle Schwartz will show you an engaging and interactive way to learn valuable strategies that will allow you to successfully address the dysregulated affect and arousal states that accompany Complex PTSD. You will leave this seminar with practical tools that facilitate a strength-based approach to trauma recovery and increased resilience in clients.
- Distinguish key contributing factors to the development of Complex PTSD as it relates to client case conceptualization.
- Explore how Complex PTSD impacts the cognitive, emotional, and physical health of the client.
- Determine how to assess clients for Complex PTSD symptoms within other diagnoses, including personality disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders, and dissociative disorders.
- Incorporate into clinical treatment practical mind-body therapy tools to help clients feel resourced and prepared for trauma processing.
- Articulate the six stages of trauma responses within the neurobiology of Complex PTSD as it relates to clinical treatment.
- Utilize assessment tools to properly assess for Complex PTSD to better inform treatment planning.
- Breakdown how mutual regulation within the therapeutic relationship teaches clients self-regulation strategies that help them develop new interpersonal strengths that help with the treatment process.
- Integrate interventions for the treatment of Complex PTSD drawn from CBT, DBT, EMDR Therapy, Parts Work Therapy, Somatic Psychology, and mind-body therapies.
- Recognize how working within the “Window of Tolerance” can help reduce the likelihood of re-traumatization.
- Describe how “top-down” and “bottom-up” interventions can speed up or slow down the pacing of trauma treatment.
- Employ the 6 Pillars of Resilience as a strength-based approach that fosters growth and integration of a positive sense of self-identity in clients.
- Identify self-care practices for therapists to help with self-care before, during, and after sessions when dealing with trauma to improve therapeutic alliance and prevent burnout.
Would you like to receive Arielle Schwartz – Complex PTSD Clinical Workshop, A Comprehensive Approach to Accurately Assess ?
Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder vs. Complex PTSD: Understand the Difference
- Acute traumatic stress, PTSD, Complex PTSD
- Diagnostic clarification and differential diagnosis
- Key contributing factors of Complex PTSD
- The common symptoms of Complex PTSD
The Neurobiology of PTSD: Beyond Fight and Flight
- Polyvagal Theory
- 6 Stages of trauma response
- Heart Rate Variability and the Social Nervous System
- Interpersonal Neurobiology
- Psychobiological regulation
- Rupture and repair
- Implications of childhood neglect or abuse
- Neuroplasticity and Complex PTSD
Psychological and Physiological Repercussions of Complex PTSD: A Deeper Understanding for Accurate Assessment
- Intrusive symptoms and anxiety
- Emotional dysregulation: Outbursts of anger and debilitating shame
- Avoidance symptoms and phobic reactions to traumatic material
- Interpersonal problems and difficulty being close to others
- Dissociation and dysregulation
- Cognitive distortions and compromised meaning making
- Physical health problems, ACE factors and painful somatization
- Preverbal and nonverbal memories
- Disturbing somatic sensations
- Depressive symptoms
- Learned helplessness and shame
Therapeutic Interventions for Complex PTSD: Summary of Effective Therapies
- Psychodynamic and Relational Therapy
- Psychobiological perspectives: Polyvagal Theory
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT)
- EMDR Therapy
- Somatic Psychology
- Parts Work Therapy: Work with Ego States
- Complementary and Alternative Medicine (CAM): mindfulness, yoga, and integrative healthcare
Integrative Treatment for Complex PTSD: Putting it All Together for an Effective Treatment Plan
- A biopsychosocial approach: Partner with clients to build a health care team
- Goal of treatment: Memory retrieval vs. trauma recovery
- History taking: Identify chronic, repeated, and/or developmental trauma events
- Cultural factors and Complex PTSD
- Recognize attachment Injuries
- How to work with transgenerational trauma
- Identify parts, ego states and defenses
- Assess for dissociation
- Mutual regulation and relational repair in therapy
- Prepare for trauma processing: Develop resources and stability
- Work through traumatic memories: EMDR and Somatic Psychology
- Grief work in Complex PTSD
- Integrate and Instill positive change
Experiential Interventions: Mind-Body Practices for Clients with Complex PTSD
- Conscious breathing for self-regulation
- Grounding and sensory awareness
- Containment: Reclaim choice and control
- Build imaginal allies
- Cultivate mindfulness, acceptance, and self-compassion
- Somatic interventions: Titration, sequencing, and somatic re-patterning
- Bilateral stimulation and dual attention in EMDR Therapy
- Potential risks and limitations of mind-body therapies
Fostering Resilience: For Post-Traumatic Growth and Healing
- Learn the 6 Pillars of Resilience
- Trauma recovery and the bell curve
- Resilience as a process and an outcome
- Help clients move from learned helplessness to learned optimism
- Post-Traumatic Growth: Help clients reach their potential
Vicarious Trauma: Improve Client Outcomes Through Effective Self-Care
- Identify resources that improve your clinical skills
- In-session self-care to improve focus on the client and therapeutic process
- Burnout prevention techniques
Please Note: PESI is not affiliated or associated with Marsha M. Linehan, PhD, ABPP, or her organizations.
More courses from the same author: Arielle SchwartzShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
There are no reviews yet.