Cardiac disease is one of the leading causes of maternal morbidity and mortality. Catastrophic outcomes typically encountered are due to gaps in knowledge and communication between health care providers. There is a great need for a standardized approach for care of this very high-risk group of pregnant women.
Cardio-Obstetrics encompasses detailed obstetrics and cardiology perspectives that are crucial in the management of the commonly encountered cardiac conditions in pregnancy. This text aims to provide guidance to the whole team caring for a pregnant cardiac patient consisting of obstetricians, maternal-fetal medicine, hospitalists, cardiologists, obstetric anaesthesiologists, emergency physicians, primary care providers and nurses.
- Cardio-Obstetric team organization
- Preconception counselling and family planning considerations
- Cardiovascular disease screening and risk stratification of a pregnant cardiac patient
- Management of a wide spectrum of cardiovascular diagnoses through use of checklists and algorithms in a simple format
- Essential key points for each cardiac diagnosis
About the Author
Afshan B. Hameed, MD, FACC, FACOG, Professor of Maternal-Fetal Medicine and Cardiology, University of California, Irvine
Diana S. Wolfe, MD, MPH, FACOP, Associate Professor of Maternal-Fetal Medicine, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Montefiore Medical Center, New YorkShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1