Christopher C. Wagner – Motivational Interviewing, Evidence-Based Skills to Effectively Treat Your Clients
Do you have clients who:
Can’t seem to get started on making positive changes in their lives or begin but get bogged down?
Can’t quite find their direction or stop focusing on how others are to blame for their situation?
Resist nearly everything offered in support of helping them make their lives better?
All of these are common challenges across a range of settings, populations and clinical concerns.
Motivational Interviewing (MI) has emerged over the past two decades as a leading approach for addressing a core clinical concern – motivation.
Incorporating the latest MI developments, this workshop focuses on the key elements that can transform your practice to escape struggling with clients and make real change in people’s lives.
- Learn how the MI process works and its application in different clinical situations
- Discover why friends and family often contribute to motivational challenges that clients experience
- Identify and avoid some traps that well-meaning helpers can fall into
Recognize how to thread the needle and help clients find new ways of thinking, feeling and behaving
Watch motivational interviewing expert, trainer and author, Chris Wagner, Ph.D., for this action packed recording! Learn how to effectively focus clients’ attention on embracing change and successfully anticipating and surmounting obstacles they face as they pursue it. You will leave this course inspired and prepared to help your clients get unstuck and begin creating more fulfilling lives.
- Correlate the relational and technical components that allow MI to improve clinical outcomes through a positive and supportive way.
- Model how the 4 processes and OARS skills of MI help change happen in clients.
- Explore ways to elicit, recognize and respond to change talk in order to improve treatment outcomes.
- Practice specific ways to help clients resolve ambivalence, and talk themselves into change.
- Develop clinical strategies for working effectively with clients who seem “resistant” to change.
- Choose how to effectively use MI to help alleviate symptoms of anxiety, depression and addictive behaviors.
Would you like to receive Christopher C. Wagner – Motivational Interviewing, Evidence-Based Skills to Effectively Treat Your Clients ?
- What is motivation?
- How ambivalence fits
- Stages of change
Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Conversations about change
- Resolve ambivalence about change
- Relational and technical components that make MI work
- Research limitations and potential risks of MI in treatment
The 4 Processes of MI
1. Engaging: The Relational Foundation
- MI spirit: PACE
- Learn to listen reflectively – the backbone of MI
- Core MI Skills: OARS
- Clarify values and goals
2. Focusing: The Strategic Direction
- Find a focus
- Match your agenda to the client’s concerns
- Exchange information
3. Evoking: Preparation for Change
- Importance of change talk – a key ingredient of MI
- Listen for and respond to change talk
- Listen for specific kinds of change talk:
- DARN (preparatory change talk)
- CATS (mobilizing change talk)
- Elicit more and elaborate on change talk
- Respond to “resistance” in clients
- Develop discrepancy
- Evoke hope and confidence
4. Planning: The Bridge to Change
- How and when to plan
- Call on the CATS
- Summarize and then ask a key question
Putting it All Together
- Test skills by coding a MI video in action
MI and Clinical Problems
- Depression and Anxiety
- Enhance treatment engagement
- Potentiate Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
- Suicidal clients
- Addictive Behaviors
- Substance use
- Other addictive/compulsive behaviors
- 12 steps
More courses from the same author: Christopher C. WagnerShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
There are no reviews yet.