David Burns – Treat Anxiety Fast: Powerful, Fast-Acting, Drug-Free Treatment Techniques that Defeat Anxiety & Worry
Description of Treat Anxiety Fast: Powerful, Fast-Acting, Drug-Free Treatment Techniques that Defeat Anxiety & Worry
PESI is proud to offer an exciting seminar by David Burns, M.D., a pioneer in the development of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT). Achieve rapid and lasting recovery with all your anxious clients, just as Dr. Burns has done in over 35,000 therapy sessions with severely troubled clients. Become skilled at treating every type of anxiety without drugs.
In this Treat Anxiety Fast unique course you’ll master more than 20 treatment techniques to help your clients eliminate the symptoms of anxiety quickly – even your most challenging, resistant clients.
Dr. Burns will illustrate concrete strategies that provide rapid, complete recovery and lasting change for your patients. In Treat Anxiety Fast, You’ll learn…
- How to integrate four powerful treatment models to eliminate symptoms.
- How to enhance your client’s engagement in therapy.
- How to develop a treatment plan that specifically targets each client’s unique problems and needs.
- …and so much more!
David will provide you with guided instruction and share powerful video sessions that capture the actual moment of recovery. You will take away practical strategies to use immediately with any anxious client. Leave this Treat Anxiety Fast course recording armed with tools you can use in your very next session!
What you will learn in Treat Anxiety Fast: Powerful, Fast-Acting, Drug-Free Treatment Techniques that Defeat Anxiety & Worry
Objectives of Treat Anxiety Fast
- Track therapeutic progress using the brief mood survey.
- Describe why therapists and clients alike avoid exposure.
- Describe at least five techniques for treating anxiety disorders.
- Develop a creative, individualized treatment plan for each client.
- Reduce therapeutic resistance in session and boost motivation.
- Integrate four powerful treatment models for anxiety.
- Select the most effective interventions for each client.
- Track the client’s perception of therapeutic alliance.
- Explain how the hidden emotion model works.
- Describe how the experimental technique works.
- List several cognitive distortions that trigger anxiety.
- Explain the concept of “failing as fast as you can”.
- Contrast outcome vs. process resistance for anxiety.
- Explain how the daily mood log works.
- Contrast classical, cognitive, and interpersonal exposure techniques.
Outline of Treat Anxiety Fast
- What is TEAM-CBT? Reverse Hypnosis
- How your anxious patients cast a spell on you and sabotage the treatment
- Four Powerful Treatment Models for Anxiety Disorders
1, The Cognitive Model: I THINK therefore I FEAR
- Single session treatment for Panic Disorder (video)
2, The Exposure Model: Taking a Page from the Tibetan Book of the Dead
- Blood Phobia
3, The Hidden Emotion Model: Cycling Back to Freud?
- The Burrito Slasher
4, The Motivational Model: Heading Off the Resistance at the Pass
- A Case of Severe Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Overcoming Toxic Shame (video)
- Magic Button
- Positive Reframing
- Acid Test
- Magic Dial
- Clinical Exercise
- Electrical engineer with Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- Recovery Circle: Failing as Fast as You Can
- A Visit to the Shopping Center from Hell
- Electrical engineer with Body Dysmorphic Disorder
- The Cognitive Model
- Truth-Based Techniques
- Compassion-Based Techniques
- Uncovering Techniques
- Motivational Techniques
- Quantitative Techniques
- Visual Imaging Techniques
- Humor-Based Techniques
- Role-Playing Techniques
- Spiritual Techniques
- The Hidden Emotion Model
- The Niceness Dynamic
- Bringing Hidden Feelings to Conscious Awareness
- Innovations in Exposure Therapy
- Classical, Cognitive, and Interpersonal Exposure
- Treatment Algorithms
- Who Do We Treat? The Person or the Disorder?
- Relapse Prevention Training
- Getting Better vs. Feeling Better
Who is “Treat Anxiety Fast: Powerful, Fast-Acting, Drug-Free Treatment Techniques that Defeat Anxiety & Worry” For
- Social Workers
- Case Managers
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Addiction Counselors
- Mental Health Professionals
About David Burns, MD
David Burns, MD, is an emeritus adjunct clinical professor of psychiatry and behavioral sciences at the Stanford University School of Medicine. His best-selling books, Feeling Good and the Feeling Good Handbook, have sold over five million copies worldwide. His latest book, Feeling Great, is now available on Amazon.com.
Although he was a pioneer in the development of cognitive behavior therapy (CBT), in the past 10 years he has created a more powerful approach called TEAM-CBT. Individuals who attend this workshop will be eligible for Level 1 TEAM certification by the Feeling Good Institute in Mt. View, California.
More than 50,000 therapists have attended his training programs over the past 35 years. His website, www.feelinggood.com, offers many free resources for therapists and clients alike, including his tremendously popular Feeling Good Podcasts.
Financial: David Burns receives royalties from PESI, Inc. He has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible organizations.
Non-financial: David Burns has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
More courses from the same author: David BurnsShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1