Clinicians understand that lasting pain relief and truly improved fitness depend on core stability and peripheral mobility. But long-term results are elusive! It is generally agreed that to have peripheral mobility, you must have core stability. Functional exercise is any exercise which acknowledges this and engages the body for this express purpose.
Observe how EMG explores the primary defensive bias governing the Central Nervous System, the body’s true Core. Once we have observed this bias, which we’ll call the “Twist,” we discuss how it leads to the most common functional problems. Rather than focusing on targeting areas for strength or stability, participants learn to correct movement dysfunction by directing appropriate exercise toward the CNS. These methods can be easily learned and applied by athletic trainers and related health and fitness professionals, massage therapists, physical and occupational therapists – anyone who uses exercise as part or all of their program. You will complete this recording equipped with new knowledge and strategies to help move clients and patients through the vital steps toward lasting function: improved balance, coordination, and effortless posture.
- Describe how measurable (visible) pathologies correspond with underlying muscle patterns.
- Explain the concept of learned motor patterns driving tissue adaptation (Wolff’s Law).
- Apply exercises which target the CNS to restore muscle inventory lost to compensation.
- Identify and correct defensive postural adaptation using a single integrated motion.
- Demonstrate movement strategies which are immediately and favorably integrated by the CNS, thus avoiding exercises which the body resists as “invasion.”
Would you like to receive David Lemke – (Re)Defining the Core, The Key to Functional & Corrective Exercise ?
VITAL DEFINITIONS: ESSENTIAL ELEMENTS OF CORE COMMUNICATION
- Correctly defining the CORE is key to functional training
- Rules of communication
- How the technology explosion in healthcare impairs genuine communication
- Why outcomes have not improved in an age of research data availability
- The Definition Game: 10 ill-defined words we all rely on every day
LAB: KINESIOLOGICAL SURFACE EMG TESTING
- Volunteers selected, skin preparation, system test
- Single arm raise task in standing
- Video and sEMG recording of test activity
- We take requests: “Any movement you’re curious about? Let’s test it!”
- Learning how the CNS sees muscles
- Reviewing sEMG data to observe “chains” vs. groups
- Muscles, mood, and movement (Cuddy, et. al. i.e. current research review)
- CNS perspective: Opposing chains with broken links
- Implications of CNS as CORE: Motor learning in an always on, 24/7, learning, adapting system
WHAT IS THE CORE TWIST: HOW THE HUMAN MOTOR SYSTEM TRAINS ITSELF
- Lower quarter symptoms – most common underlying pathologies – the Core pattern as driver
- Upper quarter symptoms – most common pathologies – the Core pattern as driver
- Review of definitions from the Definition Game
- How far off were we?
- Recognizing the simple elegance of functional chains
TRAINING FUNCTIONAL CHAINS: EXERCISING OUT OF THE TWIST
- Training vs. exercise: Targeting the CNS with structured, resisted movement
- Opposing teams or an orchestra at work?
- Crosstraining out of the Twist
- Any exercise NOT countering the Twist is NOT Functional
LAB: THE FUNCTIONAL CHAIN GAME
- Workshop it !
- Demo and practice: XC Skiing, backwards resisted walking, etc.
- Best of the group brainstorming: FCT demo and SkiX activity
- Signs of success: Posture, balance, and youthful boldness
More courses from the same author: David LemkeShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses