Ship 30 for 30 is a cohort-based course that has taught over 4,000 students the fundamentals of writing on the internet.
But unlike other writing courses, you won’t learn passively – you’ll create 30 pieces of published writing, build lifelong friendships, and leave with a new perspective for what is possible online.
Finally start writing in 2022.
Here’s how Ship 30 for 30 works
Learn the fundamentals of digital writing
- On the surface, Ship 30 for 30 is a course teaching you how to write effectively on the internet.
- Upon joining, you’ll unlock a 4-week curriculum packed with frameworks that guarantee you become a prolific digital writer.
- 8 Live Sessions covering everything you need to know to write effectively on the internet
- BONUS ACCESS to all prior Ship 30 for 30 live session recordings (over 100 hours of content)
- 16 recorded modules digging deeper into the frameworks introduced in the live sessions (over 20 hours of recording you have access to forever)
- Templates, examples, and swipe files for you to download and use (that will save you hours of headache in the future)
- Weekly Q&A sessions to reinforce everything you’ve learned (and make sure nobody gets left behind)
Put your learnings into practice by writing and publishing every day for 30 days
- Other writing courses charge you thousands of dollars, only to wave their hands in the air with “theory.”
- And by the end, you leave with a bunch of notes that sit in a folder for eternity. Meanwhile, you’re still confused and unsure about the next step to take.
- But Ship 30 for 30 is about moving quickly, taking action, and keeping a tight feedback loop.
- You will write and publish an Atomic Essay (a short, 250-word essay on a single idea), every day for 30 days, all from your very own Social Blog (that you create during your first week).
- In just 30 days, you’ll build an entire library of content that serves as the foundation for months, if not years of future content.
- And by writing and publishing every day, you’ll demolish your perfectionism, impostor syndrome, and fear of hitting the publish button.
Immerse yourself in a diverse community of other writers, all on the same journey as you
- Writing online doesn’t have to be lonely.
- But for most beginner writers, it certainly feels that way.
- Which is why Ship 30 for 30 is the best onboarding program to writing online.
- Other writing courses encourage you to write weekly blog posts into the void – and as a result you hear the sad crickets of indifference from the internet.
- But in Ship 30, you’ll surround yourself with like-minded people with the same goal as you: to start writing more and publishing more consistently.
- Every age, from college students to working professionals to retired individuals and everything in between
- Every profession, every socioeconomic background, and every possible life perspective
- 67 different countries, every continent and every time zone
Build lifelong friendships while using the community for accountability and feedback
- The internet has democratized access to friendship.
- No longer are your friends limited to the people on your street or at your school.
- Now, you have access to millions of people with the same interest as you. But, you need to know how to find them.
- And Ship 30 for 30 is that place.
- We have writers interested in every single topic under the sun, and we ensure you are meeting as many of them as possible.
- Upon joining, we pair you with groups of people with the same goals and interests as you.
- These groups provide the accountability, feedback, and motivation you need to finally start writing consistently.
- And throughout the cohort, you have dozens of chances to collaborate, build friendships, learn from one another, give and receive feedback, and everything in between.
Ship 30 for 30 Course Curriculum
Ship 30 for 30 Week 0: How To Build A Writing Habit, Where You Should Be Writing Online, And How To Generate Ideas To Write About
You will leave onboarding week with the foundation, motivation, and confidence to become a prolific digital writer.
- How to effortlessly build a lifelong, sustainable writing habit (no matter how busy you are)
- How to find and create your “sacred hours” (whether you’re a morning person, night owl, or anything in between)
- Create and launch your very own Social Blog, your new online home (and understand why it’s better than a regular old blog)
- Demolish impostor syndrome, perfectionism, and over-editing once and for all (even if you think you’ve tried everything)
- Join the community, interact with your small group of peers interested in the same topics as you and with the same goals as you
- Go from “I have no clue what to write about” to “I have way too many ideas to write about” using our Endless Idea Generator
Ship 30 for 30 Week 1: How The Game of Digital Writing Works (And How To Play It Well)
On the Monday after onboarding week, you will write and publish your very first Atomic Essay. And then, your ship is sailing and there’s no turning back.
Week 1 is about learning how the game of digital writing works (and how it’s different than the legacy writing world).
- Publish your first week of essays, saying goodbye to sweaty palms and racing heart that come with the fear of hitting publish
- Learn to take 1 idea and say it 100 different ways using the 4A Framework (so you never run out of things to say again)
- Overcome perfectionism by “giving yourself permission to create junk” (and watch your confidence skyrocket as a result)
- Use “The Golden Intersection” to get comfortable writing about yourself (without being arrogant)
- Create your 3 Content Buckets as you learn the difference between General, Niche, and Industry audiences (so you can finally figure out who you are writing for)
Ship 30 for 30 Week 2: How To Capture Attention, Keep Attention, And Build Credibility
By the time Week 2 comes around, you will have published more in 7 days than you have in the last 7 weeks, months, or even years.
In Week 2, we cover everything you need to start to build an audience (without all of the headache and sleepless nights).
- Learn why writing for everyone means writing for no one (and how to use Pinpoint Writing to start finding your ideal reader)
- 20 Frameworks for writing headlines readers can’t help but click on (but without using any clickbait)
- Why your attempts at being “clever” may be the biggest thing holding you back (and what to do instead)
- Understand the 3 Types of Credibility to start writing about something no matter your expertise
- How to use the Curiosity Gap (and the “OK?” test) to craft pieces that go viral time and time again
Ship 30 for 30 Week 3: How To Make Your Writing Readable, Rhythmic, And Rapidly Revealing.
During Week 3, you’ll unlock some of the little-known secrets that will 10x your writing ability overnight.
These frameworks lead to more 🤯 🤯 🤯 moments than any of our other live sessions – because once you see them, you will never write the same way again (and for good reason).
- How to use the “1 Chip Rule” to hook your reader and keep them reading (and why your biggest competition is TikTok and Netflix)
- 5 Proven Ways To Write A Compelling First Sentence (and why this is so important)
- Learn to write rhythmically with The 1-3-1 Writing Rhythm (and how you can use this with emails, slack messages, and all types of written communication)
- How to write enticing content using a speedy Rate of Revelation (so your reader is never bored again)
- Why “visually dense” writing could be the reason for your slow growth (and why “visually enticing” is your solution)
Ship 30 for 30 Week 4: Data-Driven Writing, Becoming Known For A Niche You Own, And How To Position Yourself As An Authority
By the time we get to Week 4, you will have a fundamentally new outlook for what is possible by writing online. And now, it’s time to accelerate your trajectory.
During Week 4, you will have published over 20 pieces of content. And now, you’re going to figure out what worked, what didn’t, and where to go from here.
- Learn the 7 data points you should be testing and measuring (so you can see the growth you deserve)
- Master the analytics on any platform (so you can stop guessing and start doubling down on what’s working)
- How to position your bio for authority and specificity (and why you’re doing this wrong)
- Become known for a niche you own (and why you must stop trying to be “better” and learn to start being “different)
- How to get feedback from your audience (and let them inform you what to write next)
Beyond Ship 30 for 30 – Your Digital Writing Treasure Map (And How To Take The Next Best Steps)
By the end of Ship 30 for 30, you may be overwhelmed with the number of different paths you can take.
So upon finishing your 30th essay, we present you with the Digital Writing Treasure Map – an overview of all of the ways you can use writing to accelerate yourself and your career.
- Should you turn your writing into a book?
- Should you start a newsletter? Or should you start writing on other platforms?
- Should you create an online course? An e-book? A digital product?
- Should you become a freelance writer? A ghostwriter? A copywriter?
- Should you use your writing to drive traffic to your products and services?
There are no right answers here! But we’ve had writers take every single one of these paths (and we make sure you figure out which is right for you).Share Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1