Grow an entire dinner right in your backyard with aquaponics! Safe, healthy fish and organic vegetables with no weeds!
What Will I Learn?
- To teach new, inspired aquaponic gardeners in a way that is straightforward and unitimidating.
- Just a desire to grow your own food
Welcome to Aquaponic Gardening and the fascinating marriage of hydroponics (growing plants without soil) and aquaculture (growing fish in captivity). This course is based on my book, “Aquaponic Gardening: A Step by Step Guide to Growing Fish and Vegetables Together ” and is designed to be easy to follow, comprehensive, and fun.
Most of the lectures in this Aquaponic Tutorial are what is called a Video / Presentation Mashup at Udemy. What that means is that you will see a video of myself or Alan (my husband and partner) talking and demonstrating on the left, and PowerPoint slides on the right with details to keep the concepts straight. But you don’t need to do anything – the slides will just appear at the correct time!
At the end of this aquaponic gardening course there is a series of articles and blog posts that I’ve written that I think are particularly relevant to new aquaponic gardeners who are smitten with this growing technique (and I hope that is you!) and want to dive deeper. The first article is called the “Aquaponic Gardening Rules of Thumb” and it is a summary list of many of the concepts, principles and ratios that are elaborated on in the course.
The lectures end with some handy tracking sheets and a list of links to many of the products that are shown in the course. Some other resources that will prove useful as you embark on your aquaponic journey are…
- The Aquaponic Source – our company site and shopping site for all your aquaponic gardening needs
- The Aquaponic Gardening Community – a thriving online community of gardeners just like you who help each other learn and grow
- Aquaponic Gardening Book
- Aquaponics Association – a wonderful resource for promoting aquaponics. They also put on the annual Aquaponics Association Conference.
If you like this course please be sure and review it here and tell your friends!
Let’s get growing!
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who is interested in gardening, fish, or food.
Share Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1