If you learn to write, you can change your life.
Join +1,338 students in Learn to Write, an online course that teaches you how to write content that reaches more people than businesses with an army of marketers.
ABOUT THE INSTRUCTOR
I’m Ali Mese, the founder of Growth Supply and The Startup.
Together with a stellar team, I run Growth Supply, a storytelling studio that grows some of the world’s leading businesses through words. We’ve been lucky enough to work with businesses from Silicon Valley to Asia.
Our clients include Google, Hubspot, Ahrefs, Neil Patel, Shopify, Kissmetrics, Drift, Freshdesk, JotForm.
I also own and run The Startup which is Medium’s largest publication, followed by +610,893 people. We publish essays by hundreds of writers every month.
When I’m not serving our Growth Supply clients or working on The Startup essays, I write on my personal blog.
And in this course, I’ll teach you everything I know about writing.
[INTRODUCTION] If you learn to write, you can change your life.
- L01 — Why (and how) this course will change your life
- L02 — The fundamentals of ruling the marketplace from your couch
- L03 — No growth hacking bullshit or spending a fortune on ads: Writing as a timeless growth engine
- L04 — How predictable and consistent (not random and clickbaity) virality is possible
- L05 — Introducing the “Learn to Write” framework — and how to start applying it to your case throughout this course
[PART 1] Subdue the enemy without fighting: the art of winning before typing a single word
- L01 — How to create your own lane without battling it out in an overly crowded space
- L02 — Opinions aren’t optional in writing (and how to discover yours)
- L03 — Core narrative: let’s craft the idea behind your otherwise boring thing
- L04 — Your sub-themes and micro-opinions — what are they and how do they serve your overarching narrative?
- L05 — You don’t own your audience, subscribers, or followers. You own something else.
- L06 — They can never copy the YOU in your writing. But how can you be yourself?
- L07 — The goal is not to reach people who need what you write.
[PART 2] Breaking down the strategy behind stories that reach thousands
- L01 — Storytelling 101: How to find your own story
- L02 — Why Hollywood movies can have an ending but your story shouldn’t
- L03 — Sit-and-type-common-sense articles vs compelling storytelling
- L04 — They are popular and speak from a position of privilege: why most of the writing advice on the internet doesn’t work
- L05 — Time to establish your writing routine: the essentials
- L06 — Tone & the style guide
- L07 — How often should you publish?
- L08 — What is the ideal length?
- L09 — Where should you publish?
- L10 — How do you find a constant stream of ideas that spread?
- L11 — One emotion that will make or break your writing
[PART 3] Let’s write a story together and publish it | Creation & distribution
- L01 — Before we start: defining the goal and polishing your core idea
- L02 — Let’s write together #1: how to research the right way
- L03 — Let’s write together #2: how to craft the perfect outline
- L04 — Let’s write together #3: how to write the headlines
- L05 — Let’s write together #4: the truth about the intros
- L06 — Let’s write together #5: the art of crafting body & conclusions
- L07 — Let’s edit together
- L08 — Let’s publish it: a distribution strategy that actually works
- L09 — There is no word of mouth without this
- L10 — How to win the distribution game even if you aren’t a first-comer
- L11 — The healthy way to nurture relationships (and how to use them to grow your readership)
- L01 — An action plan to follow once you complete this course
- L02 — A comprehensive list of writing resources
More courses from the same author: Growth SupplyShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1