Description of Happy by Design
With stress and overwhelm at all-time highs in our society, it often feels that happiness is elusive. How can we find it? And hold onto it once we feel it? Once a subject reserved for poets and philosophers, happiness is now a well-studied phenomenon and we know more than ever before what behaviors and concrete strategies help people access joy and make happiness their new normal. And it’s often far easier than we think! In this eye-opening 4-part course you’ll learn all about the transformative science of happiness—and how to apply it in your life today to start accessing joy, hardwiring happiness, and bringing a myriad of associated positive benefits into your life.
This course is 100% evidence-based and drawn from the most cutting-edge research in the fields of behavioral psychology and neuroscience. But it’s also practical, applicable, and just plain fun!
What you will learn in Happy by Design
- The power of positive emotions, and how introducing them throughout the day can change everything
- The fact that happiness doesn’t follow success—it precedes it. We’ve got the science to prove it!
- The amazing benefits of mindfulness, and how meditation is the royal road to happiness
- How to achieve “flow,” a heightened state of consciousness and productivity—fueled by joy
- And so much more!
Session 1 – The Power of Positive Emotions
- Session 1 – The Power of Positive Emotions – Video (75:23)
- Session 1 – The Power of Positive Emotions – Audio
- Session 1 – The 5-a-Day Challenge – Exercise
- Session 1 – Positivity – Reading
Session 2 – Mindfulness is a Superpower
- Session 2 – Mindfulness is a Superpower – Video (70:24)
- Session 2 – Mindfulness is a Superpower – Audio
- Session 2 – Mindfulness Meditation – Exercise
- Session 2 – Joy on Demand – Reading
Session 3 – Find Your Flow
- Session 3 – Find Your Flow – Video (72:20)
- Session 3 – Find Your Flow – Audio
- Session 3 – Achieving Flow – Exercise
- Session 3 – Flow – Reading
Session 4 – Hardwiring Happiness
- Session 4 – Hardwiring Happiness – Video (83:07)
- Session 4 – Hardwiring Happiness – Audio
- Session 4 – Form Happy Habits – Exercise
- Session 4 – The Happiness Advantage – Reading
About James Garrett
James is a brain science curator and neuroscience entrepreneur. He passionately believes that with the right tools anyone can become whomever they imagine themselves to be. James spent six years doing psychology research at Columbia, Tufts, and Yale, and an additional six years building brain-based curricula in partnership with the Queen of Jordan. A rare combination of scientist, trainer, and entrepreneur, his previous work in the Middle East was featured by the NYTimes, FastCompany, and TEDx.
More courses from the same author: James GarrettShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1