Jerome Quellier – Addressing Patient Behavior by Brain Lesion Site
You are faced with a growing caseload, diminished resources/reimbursement, and increasingly complex patients with the expectation of improving outcomes and reducing length of stay. On top of it all, when working with patients with brain lesions, the behavioral and cognitive challenges can be taxing.
Jerome Quellier, MS, CCC-SLP will bring decades of acute care experience to the table and arm you with an improved clinical eye to predict dysfunction and expedite the pathway to treatment.
Neuroanatomy is admittedly complex and overwhelming, but this course provides today’s cutting edge neuroscience – in plain English. You’ll tie what you learned (and may have forgotten) about neuroscience to a clear understanding of how you can work around the damage to optimize your patient outcomes!
- A framework for understanding the recovery pathway for each type of lesion
- Clinical implications for abrupt visual changes and an in-depth understanding of the difference between visual field cuts and neglect
- Simple modifications to your interventions that will streamline your treatment time and patient outcomes
Best of all? We’ll explore what we can we learn from each other! OTs, PTs and SLPs all have powerful treatment tools up their sleeves. This training will emphasize the best practices from each that help to overcome specific patient deficits.
Feel confident with your next patient as you unlock the keys to working with behavior barriers and engagement. Watch me for a high-energy, dynamic program filled with interesting case studies, insightful discussions and interactive learning. You will finish this training with practical techniques that you can apply the next day!
Would you like to receive Jerome Quellier – Addressing Patient Behavior by Brain Lesion Site ?
NEUROANATOMY AND THE IMPACT ON COGNITIVE PROCESSING (CASE STUDY ICON)
- Basic neuronal anatomy
- Brain wiring: Association, projection, and commissural fiber tracts
- Brain lobes locations and ties to cognitive processes
- Cerebellum and impact upon cognition
- Case Study 1: Jacob’s anxiety and how pacing the halls became therapeutic
OPTIC SYSTEM AND VISUAL PERCEPTION (CASE STUDY ICON)
- Optic constructs, anterior-posterior fiber tracts
- Visual cortices and unique roles in visual processing
- Effect of tumors, shear injuries, CVA lesions upon visual perception
- Case study 1: Why can’t my patient just see the whole worksheet like I do?
- Group Exercise: Review of vision diagnostics by discipline (PT/OT/SLP)
HOW NEUROTRANSMITTERS DRIVE THE BUS
- Internal communication systems within the brain
- Dopamine pathways and effects on cognition and reward systems
- Serotonin pathways and mood modulations
EXECUTIVE FUNCTIONS OF THE FRONTAL LOBE
- The Cognitive Pyramid and moving patients upward
- Skull anatomy and effects of shear injury
- Shear injury as it affects anxiety and behavioral health
- Therapy implications for PT/OT/SLP
- Group Exercise: Review of executive function diagnostics by discipline (PT/OT/SLP)
COMMUNICATION AND THE LEFT HEMISPHERIC FUNCTIONS
- Broca’s vs. Wernike’s areas
- Function of the arcuate fasciculus upon communication
SPATIAL PROCESSING AND THE RIGHT HEMISPHERIC FUNCTIONS
- Neurophysiology vs neuropathology, understanding patients’ nonverbal challenges
- Inferential language and social cognition
- A sense of time and spatial organization revealed
THE HIDDEN PROCESSORS-THALAMIC INFLUENCES
- Auditory pathways and neuroanatomy
- Thalamic engagement on sensory information
- Modulation of sleep and vigilance
MEMORY: HOW THE HIPPOCAMPUS AND THE AMYGDALA PARTNER (CASE STUDY ICON)
- Memory processes
- Memory types: Right vs Left hippocampal functions
- Hypoxia and anoxia upon memory function
- Sleep and memory consolidation, effect of exercise on memory structures
- Amygdala’s influence upon fear-based learning and hijacking executive control
- Case study 3: Nile’s hypoxia and long tern rehab outcomes
RECOVERY FROM ACCELERATION/DECELERATION INJURIES: DIFFUSE AXONAL INJURY (DAI)
- Microanatomical features of DAI
- CTE: Chronic Traumatic Encephalopathy
- Where medications have failed
AGITATION MANAGEMENT STRATEGIES
- Review how working knowledge of the Rancho Los Amigos levels and Practitioner tips can avoid confrontation
- Learn trick of the trade for avoiding escalation
- Confabulation and denial—addressing the elephant in the room
ENRICHING PATIENT AND CLINICIAN RELATIONSHIPS
- The science behind mediations and mindfulness
- Reigning in the runaway situation
More courses from the same author: Jerome QuellierShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
There are no reviews yet.