Jerome Quellier – Caring For Patients with Tracheostomy & Ventilator Dependency
Develop a Comprehensive Management Plan for Adults Living with Acute & Long–Term Tracheostomy
As medical technology and intervention evolves, more patients are faced with temporary and long–term tracheostomy/ventilation as a part of their recovery. The very presence of a tracheostomy tube may elicit visceral reaction to secretion management and dehumanize the patient who is unable to exercise their decision making capacity, orally communicate their needs, and interact socially with staff or family.
Practitioners in acute hospitals, transitional rehabilitation units, skilled long–term settings, and homecare arenas are challenged to not only understand the basic functionality of a tracheostomy tube, but complete daily cares, assist their patients with swallowing and oral communication, and even train non-medical care providers. Management of the tracheostomized patient is often assumed to be complex. This misconception may become a barrier for placement in an environment most conducive to overall rehabilitation; to foster social closeness with staff, friends and family; and ultimately result in prolonging the weaning process.
This recording will outline and compare the basic components of a tracheostomy tube, decision making surrounding the most appropriate type of tube to use for various populations, and the risks/benefits of placement. Through review of daily cares, the assessment and placement of a speaking valve, and dysphagia characteristics for this population, you will build the skills and confidence necessary to develop a comprehensive management plan. Finish this recording with a solid foundation of general knowledge, critical thinking algorithms, and an understanding of the roles and responsibilities of their specialty when faced with tracheostomized patients.
Would you like to receive Jerome Quellier – Caring For Patients with Tracheostomy & Ventilator Dependency ?
ANATOMY AND PHYSIOLOGY OF TRACHEOSTOMY
- Definition of terminology used
- Surgical vs. Percutaneous Tracheostomy
CLINICAL FEATURES OF A TRACHEOSTOMY TUBE INTUBATION AND TRACHEOSTOMY – BENEFITS AND RISKS
- Endotracheal tube advantages/disadvantages
- Tracheostomy tube advantages/disadvantages
SIZING TRACHEOSTOMY TUBES
MANUFACTURERS OF TRACHEOSTOMY TUBES
SPECIAL CONSIDERATIONS OF MANAGING A TRACHEOSTOMY TUBE
- Cuff pressures
- Essential daily cares
- Necessary supplies
- Cannula cleaning/exchanging
- Maintaining stoma and skin integrity
- Minimal Leak technique vs. minimal occlusive volume
- Anatomy & physiology of common speaking tubes
- Population and timing
- Assessment and placement guidelines
- Trouble shooting during valve assessment/use
- Ventilator modifications for safety and success
- Inline speaking valves
- Decision making for the respiratory therapists
- Tidal volumes
- Peak inspiratory pressures
- Minimal vent parameters to facilitate successful application
FENESTRATED TRACHEOSTOMY TUBES
DYSPHAGIA AND THE TRACHEOTOMIZED PATIENT
- Post extubation consideration
- Effect of tracheostomy on swallowing
- Effect of cervical bracing on tracheotomized patient
- Assessment of swallowing
- Blue Dye vs. Fees vs. MBSS
- Impact of speaking valve upon swallowing
MULTIDISCIPLINARY CARE OF A PATIENT WITH TRACHEOSTOMY
- Role of SLP, nurse, and respiratory therapist
- Review a sample of policy/procedure
More courses from the same author: Jerome QuellierShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
There are no reviews yet.