Lois Fenner – Legal and Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Arkansas
Without the proper legal awareness needed to stay in compliance, you may face grave legal and financial consequences. This seminar will show you how to continue to help the people you’ve been trained to help while still protecting yourself from many legal pitfalls.
If you watch only one seminar this year, make it this one. Join attorney Lois Fenner for an entertaining and enlightening recording and leave with a greater understanding of the latest Arkansas laws as they relate to behavioral health. You will take home practical strategies to minimize and manage legal and ethical risks and you will learn how to immediately implement these risk reducing strategies into your practice.
- Establish practices for ensuring HIPAA compliance to protect client’s privacy and minimize risk of litigation.
- Compare the different requirements for release of protected health information via subpoenas and court orders.
- Explore the legal and ethical considerations for the treatment of minor populations in Arkansas with regard to age of consent, confidentiality and custody concerns.
- Differentiate between the processes for voluntary and involuntary commitment for treatment and determine the clinician’s role in each.
- Develop policies on ethical issues such as restraints, seclusion and informed consent.
- Designate the treatment provider’s responsibilities relating to mental health issues and duty to warn law in Arkansas.
Would you like to receive Lois Fenner – Legal and Ethical Issues in Behavioral Health in Arkansas ?
Overview/Confidentiality of Mental Health Records
- When and to Whom Records Can Be Released
- Mandatory Disclosure Requirements
- Alcohol/Drug and AIDS/HIV Treatment Records
- Necessary Documentation
HIPAA 101 – Federal Confidentiality Regulations
- What Is HIPAA Today?
- How Do I Comply with the Regulations?
- What Are “Psychotherapy Notes”?
- When May I Release Records?
- How Much Paperwork Will This Be for My Office?
Responding to Subpoenas, Court Orders and Law Enforcement
- Subpoenas; Types of Subpoenas; Duty to Respond; Time Limits
- Search Warrants & Court Orders
- Authority to Obtain Information
- Development of Policies and Procedures to Respond
Balancing the Rights of Minors & Parents
- Minors’ Rights
- Age of Majority
- Access to Records
- Rights of Minors to Refuse/Consent to Medication and Treatment
- Alcohol, Drug Abuse and Treatment Issues for Minors
- Parental Rights
- Custodial and Divorce Factors
- Child Abuse Allegations
- Custodial vs. Non-Custodial Parent’s Rights to Records
Voluntary and Involuntary Mental Health Commitments
- Reasons to Use a Voluntary Commitment or an Involuntary Commitment
- Grounds for an Involuntary Commitment: Dangerousness (as Defined by Statute)
- Mental Illness
Professional Ethics and Boundary Issues
- Consent Elements and Competency Issues
- Medication: Right to Refuse
- Restraints and Seclusion
- Individual’s Legal Rights
- Informed Consent
- Boundary Issues: Where the Lines Are Blurred
- Prescribing Practices
- Board of Health Professionals Investigation – Disciplinary Proceedings
Legal Liabilities of the Professional
- Duty to Warn Issues
- Professional Obligations and Standards
- Fraud & Abuse Issues
- Billing & Coding Errors
- Compliance with Contradictory Laws
More courses from the same author: Lois FennerShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
There are no reviews yet.