lore m dickey – Transgender & Gender Non-Binary (TGNB) Clients, Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies
Early in my career, I recognized that without training in affirmative practice, mental health providers are at risk of causing harm to their transgender & gender non-binary (TGNB). As a result, mistakes are frequently made by using outdated treatment strategies and having a lack of education of how to work with gender diverse clients.
Today, I know that providing affirmative care practices are critical to ensure the safety of your TGNB clients. I will give you an insider’s perspective and guide you step-by-step through navigating the challenges your clients face that are often overlooked by mainstream clinical approaches.
- Appraise the complexities that transgender clients face daily including physical, mental, and social discomfort and how to address these in clinical practice.
- Develop a deep comprehension of the ways that a client’s own identity can create a trusting, effective relationship, and how their identity can negatively affect the clinical relationship.
- Apply concepts of affirmative clinical practice with gender diverse clients.
- Appraise the various gender diverse identifies and analyze the ways that intersecting identities create further challenges in daily life.
- Assess your current clinical practice to determine how affirmative your practice is for gender diverse clients.
- Create a transition timeline and goals with your client.
- Prepare letters for clients seeking feminizing and masculinizing hormone therapy and gender confirmation surgeries.
Would you like to receive lore m dickey – Transgender & Gender Non-Binary (TGNB) Clients, Clinical Issues and Treatment Strategies ?
Affirmative Clinical Practice
- Ethical responsibilities
- Clinical application of affirmative practice
- Work with clients across the lifespan
- Emerging adults
- Older adults
- Elements of support for transition care
Gender Identity and Diversity
- Coming out
- Transition experiences (e.g., social, medical, and legal)
- Historical perspectives
- Current conceptions of gender diversity
- Challenges with keeping up with identify labels
Challenges Faced by Gender Diverse People
- Intersecting identities
- Discrimination and violence
- Clients seeking asylum
- Clinical concerns
- Substance abuse
- Suicidal ideation
- Family considerations
- Value of support
- Legal concerns
Interrogating One’s Gender Beliefs
- Why is this important
- What is involved in this process
- How does a clinician integrate this information into their practice?
- What aspects of one’s practice need to be assessed
- Simple ways to address practice short comings
Assessment with Gender Diverse Clients
- Best practice for addressing clinical concerns with assessment
- How to complete assessments that require binary sex indicators
- The purpose of assessment in clinical practice with clients
- Challenges with personality assessments
More courses from the same author: lore m dickeyShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
There are no reviews yet.