What will he teach?
“The Five Aspects Of Close Up”
Mark will discuss five main situations that close-up is used in:
- Walkabout (where all audience members are standing),
- Table hopping (working at large dinner function tables),
- Restaurant (entertaining at small tables in restaurants and hotel dining rooms),
- Formal close-up show (one off set piece magic on a close up pad),
- Trade show (using close up to promote companies).
For each of the five sections, Mark will be presenting and explaining at least three suitable effects including:
- The Reds And The Blacks – a neat and effective combination of the Submarine Card and Oil And Water
- Reality Check – killer coin routine for walkabout work with a stunning finish
- Assembly Point – a cool coin matrix with a difference
- Parade Of The Kings Remixed – a clever re-working of the classic card prediction effect that is smooth and convincing
- Mindreading Teddy– a great example of how you can take a random object and devise a memorable routine with it
- Co-inci-mental – an up-in-hands commercial colour changing deck routine which is fast and to the point
Who is he?
Mark is a full time professional magician, dealer and author with a wide performing experience gained over many years as an entertainer.
In Britain he has presented close up magic at many venues around the country, his engagements including business functions, private dinners/parties plus a number of extended periods performing in restaurants and hotels for groups such as Trust House Forte and Leisure Inns.
Mark has presented his lectures at nearly every Society in the country and has appeared on the bill at most of the major conventions including the IBM, Blackpool and Macmillan London Conventions.
Abroad Mark has entertained and lectured several times in Europe, including engagements in Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Italy, Belgium, Portugal, Switzerland, Germany and Holland, plus has lectured in Australia and Singapore as well as many times visited the United States, appearing at both the IBM, SAM (twice), the 4F’s and Abbott’s Conventions and performing and lecturing at venues in New York, Chicago, Philadelphia, Cleveland, Atlanta, Colombus, Baltimore, Louisville, Salt Lake City and on board the Hotel Queen Mary in Long Beach, California to name just a few.
In the magic world Mark is well known as an author, inventor and lecturer on close up, children’s and mental magic, his creations, sold by his mail order company Mark Leveridge Magic, being used by magicians from all over the world.
Mark has won several competitions for close up magic including, in 1981, the prestigious Zina Bennett Trophy, the all comers competition for close up magic organised by the British Ring of the International Brotherhood of Magicians.
Mark is a member of several magic societies including the International Brotherhood of Magicians, the Society of American Magicians and the Magic Circle in London where he is an Member of the Inner Magic Circle with Gold Star.
“Mark Leveridge is extremely creative and really knows from years of experience what works. Working magician, author, creator, dealer, and publisher—this will be a lecture not to miss!”
“There’s a very simple reason I buy from Mark Leveridge Magic: ALL his stuff really WORKS! Recommended.”
“Rarely there comes a creator of magic whose performances are as brilliant as his creations. My friend Mark Leveridge is such a magician.”
“I have always been a great admirer of Mark’s magic and thinking. In fact when I was doing pro close-up a couple of my strongest routines were learnt from Mark’s books. He is terrific.”
More courses from the same author: Mark LeveridgeShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1