Description of Diabetes Management
DIABETES. Alarming increases, devastating costs, and patients diagnosed are getting younger and sicker…and with the number of medication options available, changing guidelines and stress related to patient education, EVERY healthcare professional needs to be educated on the nuances that come with this complex disease.
With a combined 40+ years of experience, experts Sandra L. Kimball, MSN, NP-C, APRN-BC, CDE, CPT, and Marlisa Brown, MS, RD, CDE, CDN, will walk you step by step through tips and techniques you can implement into your practice immediately to optimize the quality of life for your patients and prevent further complications.
Walk away from this comprehensive online course, confident in your ability to educate your diabetic patients and gain a toolbox full of strategies in case you hit a roadblock in treatment, a medical complication or a non-compliant patient. Plus, this course includes interactive case studies for meal plans, motivational interviewing and so much more!
Uncontrolled diabetes is deadly. Don’t miss your opportunity to become educated to help your patients increase their chances of living a long and healthy life.
What You’ll Learn In Diabetes Management
Part 1: Managing Diabetes
- ADA Criteria for Diagnosis
- Addressing a Growing Population
- Physiology & Related Classifications
- Diabetes in Pregnancy
- The Hidden Value of the A1C
- 3 P’s of Diabetes
- Progression of Type II
- Navigating Risk Factors
- Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease
- Medication Interactions & Complications
- Causes, Symptoms & Treatment of Acute Complications
- Diabetic Ketoacidosis (DKA)
- Hyperglycemic Hyperosmolar Non-Ketotic Syndrome
- Calculating Basil and Bolus Insulin
- Current Algorithms
- The Do’s and Don’ts of Insulin Pumps
- Prescribing Oral Agents
- Prescribing Injectables
- AADE7™ Goals
- Motivating Change
- Managing Complications
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Foot Care
- Problem Solving with Acute Illness
Part 2: Nutrition Interventions
- NPG Recommendations
- Stage Matched Behavior Change
- Motivational Interviewing Skills
- Diabetes and Cardiac Disease
- Carbohydrate Counting
- Nutrition Management Priorities
- MNT Goals to Reduce CVD & Hypertension
- Emotions & Meal Planning
- Obesity & Weight Loss Options
- Bariatric Surgery Considerations
- Acute Illness Planning
- Celiac Disease & Gluten Free Diets
- Food Allergies and Special Diets
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses