In the Hollywood Hills
Glamour, elegance and sophistication – Join Matt and model Meagan in a sprawling 1920s Mansion in the Hollywood Hills. The shot concepts are inspired by classic sensual editorial and commercial photography in the style of Italian Vogue – focussing on location nude and lingerie portraiture.
The images are sensual, sophisticated and artistic. The video and stills includes full nudity and is intended for a mature audience. The lessons you learn in this course can be applied to any location and any style of portraiture.
You will learn how to…
Whether you are in a plain location with ‘few options’, or an ornate setting with ‘too many options’, knowing how to identify a great frame to create an engaging portrait can be challenging. Matt shows you how to identify potential shots, create a shot list, and execute it.
Direct the model
It takes skill and confidence to lead a creative team. Matt demonstrates how to interact with the model and direct pose refinements to create the most sensual final images.
The final step to creating a beautiful photograph is editing. In this series Matt edits 12 images in real time, showing you the complete process to finalise the image. You get access to the 12 sample files as well as 12 editing presets to use in your own workflow.
Universal Photography Principles
This 1920s mansion in the Hollywood Hills was originally built by Charlie Chaplin and Mary Astor. Spanning 5 floors, the house has beautiful spiral staircases, a pool and pool house and huge gardens. Endless potential locations for creating elegant nude portraits.
In this 4.5 hour course you will join Matt, model Meagan & videographer Jonathan behind the scenes for the complete shooting and editing process.
The primary goal on this shoot was to create a complete series of sensual images that reflect the elegance of 1920s Hollywood. The setting for this shoot is an epic mansion, and whilst this is useful for creating awe-inspiring images, the lessons Matt presents are applicable to any shooting location.
You will learn how to:
- Identify locations and execute location portraits quickly
- Direct poses for maximum impact
- Create elegant & sensual magazine quality portraits
- Work with the available lighting conditions to craft dramatic images
- How and when to add flash or LED light
- Edit to a theme and create a cohesive series of images.
Nude Location Portraiture
This course is all about location portraiture – making the most of what is available and crafting images that fit your vision for the shoot.
We are fortunate to be shooting in a spectacular location, but the challenges we face, and the lessons Matt teaches are applicable to all forms of photography and all locations.
- Outdoors in hard sun, shade and dappled light
- Indoors in low light, backlight and diffused light
- Implied, sensual and full nude as well as in a variety lingerie and ballet tutus
- Using a minimal kit – mostly a single camera and lens, sometimes with off camera flash or LED
- Fast! Given the variety of locations we wanted, we focus on finding the best scene and outfit, working with the available light and getting the shot quickly.
The package includes a dozen raw image files, a brand new set of editing presets and a PDF list of all equipment and outfits used.
Learn as Matt demonstrates directing the model, identifying shots, working with the available light and adding flash as needed to create sensual and elegant nude portraits. This 4.5 hour program takes you through a series of shooting situations that broad cross section of creative and technical challenges. Matt shows you how to shoot in direct sunlight, in pools of shade, indoors and using flash to add light.
You join the entire process from location scouting and shot planning, to outfit selection, model direction and posing, shooting and refining the light, through to wrap up and the complete editing process. The program also comes with a dozen ‘Hollywood Glamour’ themed editing presets, sample files as well as a complete equipment guide.
4.5 hours of 4K video
- This comprehensive program goes beyond simple fly on the wall filming. You see the location scouting, shot list creation, establishing timelines, creating consensus – plus all the photography instruction
Full photography immersion
- Learn how to create great images fast – even when rushed for time.
- You see the entire shooting process, including editing and my workflow.
- The program includes a dozen high resolution RAW files and 12 editing presets to work with. You also get a PDF guide with links to all the equipment used, and the outfits Meagan wears.
More courses from the same author: Matt GrangerShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1