Michel Janet (Shelly) Denes – Effective Rehab Strategies for Progressive Neurological Disorders
This informative and interactive recording, led by veteran Physical Therapist Shelly Denes, presents the etiology of specific neurological diseases, how the diseases progress, and effective goals and therapeutic interventions at the various stages of each disease. You will practice specific therapeutic interventions that Shelly has honed during her more than 40 years as a PT to help progress patients, promote functional independence throughout disease progression, and tackle problems that may surface during regression periods or complications of a disease. You will learn the pathophysiology, signs, and symptoms of the various neurological disorders to develop effective individualized treatment interventions including some of the cutting-edge treatments coming our way.
Explore new treatment strategies for:
- Parkinson’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Transverse myelitis
- Guillain-Barré Syndrome
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS)
- Identify key components for evaluation and indications for proper treatment and planning for patients with progressive neurological diseases
- Discuss physiological changes in movement disorders to effectively implement successful rehab programming for these individuals
- Implement sensorimotor integration as a global approach to balance and postural adjustments
- Utilize assessment tools using balance strategy concepts and advanced balance techniques
- Identify and understand the difference between upper and lower motor neuron changes with these diseases
- Learn to utilize skills assessment and treatment skills in neurological, musculoskeletal, and orthopedic areas to improve function
Would you like to receive Michel Janet (Shelly) Denes – Effective Rehab Strategies for Progressive Neurological Disorders ?
SPECIFIC NEUROLOGICAL ASSESSMENT TOOLS
- Modified Ashworth Scale
- Sensorimotor testing
- Gaze stabilization
- Vestibulo-Ocular Reflex (VOR)
- Proprioception testing
- Romberg testing
GAIT ASSESSMENT & TRAINING: THE SIXTH VITAL SIGN
- Abnormal Gait/Falls
- Gait strategies for “fallers”
- Outcome Measures
- Gait speed
- Advanced Gait Training and Skills
- Fall Recovery
- Barefoot Gait skills
NEWER REHABILIATION TECHNOLOGY
- Functional Electrical Stimulation Devices
- Foot drop
- Grasp and release
- Exoskeltons/Robotics for gait
- Orthotics for complicated cases
- Toe-off/push-off AFOs
SPECIALITY MUSCULO-SKELETAL INTERVENTIONS
- Soft Tissue/Friction/Deep Massage/Skin Rolling
- Cold Therapy and Ice
EFFECTIVE NEUROLOGICAL TREATMENT TECHNIQUES
- Tone management
- Advanced ADLs
- UE apraxia and coordination interventions
- Fatigue management and energy conservation
- Gaze Stabilization Strategies
- Neuropathic Pain Management
- Posture, alignment, and coordination
- NDT (Neurodevelopmental Treatment)
ADDITIONAL TREATMENT CONSIDERATIONS
- The FallproofTM Balance & Mobility Program
- Aquatic therapy
- Targeted botox
- Altered sensory perception and activation
- Difficulty with changing strategies and dividing attention
- Tremors, rigidity, posture changes
- Decreased coordination and gait issues
- Improving akinesia and bradykinesia
- Rehab Treatment Planning
- Safe exercise treatment programs
- Speed and amplitude movement
- Whole body and large movement exercises
MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS/TRANSVERSE MYELITIS
- Elevated core body temp
- Affective disorders and staging
- Neuropathies, weakness, and tone changes
- Balance, tremors, and coordination issue
- Invisible symptoms
- Weighted vests to address ataxia
- Endurance and energy management
- Rehab interventions & realistic goal setting
- Miller Fisher syndrome
- Chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy
- Multifocal motor neuropathy
- Address pain issues
- Long term effects
AMYOTROPHIC LATERAL SCLEROSIS (ALS)
- Upper vs. lower motor neuron
- Physical changes in patient
- Address goals realistically and treat wisely
PUTTING IT ALL TOGETHER
- Patient and family education
- Make the rehab fit your patients!
- Solutions for reimbursement challenges
More courses from the same author: Michel JanetShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
There are no reviews yet.