Design thinking is a powerful process of problem solving that begins with understanding unmet customer needs. From that insight emerges a process for innovation that encompasses concept development, applied creativity, prototyping, and experimentation. When design thinking approaches are applied to business, the success rate for innovation improves substantially.
What you will learn in Master Design Thinking
Master Design Thinking is for teams and individuals who want to learn a proven, systematic approach to new product development. The process puts unmet customer needs at the center of the problem, and every step brings you closer to solving the problem.
Join us with your teams and peers to accelerate the learning by collaborating on business applications. This will allow for a diversity of perspectives and help you build an action plan for your organization.
Begin your Design Thinking Learning Journey:
- Learn the concepts that drive design thinking
- Submit your project ideas around user innovations
- Identify customer needs and user groups
- Translate needs into product specifications
- Create a prototype
- Build out the product architecture
- Analyze the economics of the innovation
- Choose the right development process
- Present your final ideas, get real-time feedback
Orientation Module: Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1: Design Thinking Skills
Understand the critical design thinking skills needed to either improve an existing product or design a new product.
- Module 2: Identifying Customer Needs
Learn to identify customer needs and draft customer needs statements as your first step towards user innovations.
- Module 3: Product Specifications
Learn how to translate user needs into product specifications quantitatively, and how establishing product metrics can help to define those specifications.
- Module 4: Applied Creativity
Learn to apply creativity, brainstorming, and concept generation process in designing needs solutions.
- Module 5: Prototyping
Explore prototyping methods, strategies, and real-life examples where these have been applied to create a design that represents customer needs and product specifications.
- Module 6: Design for Services
Understand design of services, identify the potential for innovations within them, and learn how to apply product development frameworks to the service context.
- Module 7: Product Architecture
Learn to use modular and integral product architectures in determining the building blocks of a product.
- Module 8: Financial Analysis
Learn to perform financial analysis of your project idea and decide if it is backed by a strong business rationale (Worth-It).
- Module 9: Design for Environment
Learn how to apply design for environment principles to a product life cycle.
- Module 10: Product Development Processes
Learn to select and implement a product development process (staged, spiral, and agile)that’s aligned to your project needs.
Who is Master Design Thinking For
Master Design Thinking For is for teams and individuals who want to learn a proven, systematic approach to new product development. Anyone responsible for driving innovation, growth, and the customer experience should attend, including functional and cross-functional teams.
Roles of past participants include those from creative, design, customer experience, engineering, innovation, product, R&D, strategy, and UX, such as:
- Product Manager, Marketing Manager, Growth Manager, R&D Manager, and Product Head
- Senior Designer, UX Designer, Design Engineer, Creative Manager, UX Design Consultant, Art Director
- C-Suite executives including CEO, COO, Managing Director, Founder, President, Chief Strategy Officer
- Innovation and Growth Consultants
General Motors Leaders for Global Operations Professor of Management; Professor of Management Science and Engineering Systems; Co-Director, System Design and Management Program
Steven D. Eppinger served as deputy dean of MIT Sloan from 2004 to 2009, as faculty co-director of the Leaders for Global Operations (formerly MIT Leaders for Manufacturing) and the System Design and Management programs from 2001 to 2003, and as co-director of the Center for Innovation in Product Development from 1999 to 2001.
Steven’s research efforts are applied to improving product design and development practices. Conducted within MIT’s Center for Innovation in Product Development, his work focuses on organizing complex design processes in order to accelerate industrial practices and has been applied primarily in the automotive, electronics, aerospace, and equipment industries.
At MIT Sloan, Steven has created an interdisciplinary product development course in which graduate students from engineering, management, and industrial design programs collaborate to develop new products. He also teaches MIT’s executive courses in the area of product development.
More courses from the same author: MITShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses