Description of Rethinking the Big Patterns Online Course
Rethinking the Big Patterns biomechanics based training model will help you understand the evolution, application, and optimization of human movement and enable you to improve how you teach and train movement.
This Rethinking the Big Patterns Online Course is best for personal trainers, Strength & Conditioning coaches, Physical Therapists, and anyone looking to better their understanding of biomechanics and how it relates to training.
Once participants have passed this introductory quiz, they will be granted access to the seminar portal. This portal will allow participants to be able to sign up for in-person seminars.
There are three foundational seminars for Rethinking the Big Patterns: Control Patterns, Athletic Patterns, and Resistance Training Patterns. Seminars will be held across the US and Internaionally.
After participants have completed the Introductory quiz and the in person Seminars, they will be able to take the final exam, which will be comprehensive. After completing the final exam, participants will be certified, Rethinking the Big Patterns coaches.
What you will learn in Rethinking the Big Patterns Online Course
In this Rethinking the Big Patterns Online Course online course, users will learn:
- 7 Pillars of Movement: Understand the 7 Pillars of Movement and how to combine them to drive desired adaptations, and avoid undesired side effects
- 10 Principles of Exercise Progression: Learn about them and how to apply them.
- Classification of Movement Quality: Pattern, Plane, and Stance dimensions.
- Classification of Movement Quantity: Load, Velocity, and Plane dimensions.
- Theoretical Models: Including models of variability, invariant representation of memory, asymmetry, Jacksonian Dissolution, and the Evolutionary Ladder.
Upon completion of this Rethinking the Big Patterns Online Course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the 13 motor patterns associated with the model
- Identify the 3 stances associated with the model
- Identify the 3 planes of motion
- Identify the 3 loading zones, velocity zones, and duration zones for exercise associated with the model
- Define the sensorimotor competencies of the sagittal plane, frontal plane, and transverse plane
- Identify the 10 Principles of Progression
- Understand the concept of the Propulsion Arc
- Identify the 2 types of muscle orientation
- Identify the 2 types of movement strategies
- Identify the 2 types of muscular action
- Explain the theoretical models of variable, invariant representation of memory, asymmetry, Jacksonian Dissolution, and the Evolutionary Ladder
- Introduction to the Model
- Movement Quality
- Movement Quantity
- Sagittal Plane Sensorimotor Competencies
- Frontal Plane Sensorimotor Competencies
- Transverse Plane Sensorimotor Competencies
- Movement Strategies
- Muscular Orientation and Action
- Principles of Progression
- The Propulsion Arc
- Introduction to Theoretical Models and Variability
- The Invariant Representation of Memory
- Jacksonian Dissolution
- Learning Stages
- Climbing Up and Down the Evolutionary Ladder
- Introductory Exam
1, What is the purpose of this Rethinking the Big Patterns Online course?
To define movement, to categorize all subtopics associated with movements, explain the mechanisms that create movement, and to organize the teaching and training of movement.
2, Who is this course for?
Personal trainers, Strength & Conditioning coaches, Physical Therapists, and anyone looking to better their understanding of biomechanics and how it relates to training.
About Pat Davidson
Pat Davidson, Ph.D., is an independent trainer, consultant, author, and lecturer in NYC. Pat is the former Director of Training Methodology and Continuing Education for Peak Performance, and former Professor of Exercise Science at Springfield College and Brooklyn College. Pat is also a former 175-pound strongman competitor who finished in the top 10 in the U.S. twice, competed in two World Championships, and finished in the top 10 in the world once. Pat is interested in all realms of human organism improvement, and is relentless in pursuing education.
More courses from the same author: Pat DavidsonShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1