Philip Brownell – Spiritual Competency in Psychotherapy
Description of Spiritual Competency in Psychotherapy
Reading the book Spiritual Competency in Psychotherapy was like having a series of extended conversations with a good friend about what really matters in psychotherapy and life. Philip Brownell generously shares his experiences, insights, knowledge, questions, and struggles about spirituality and psychotherapy in this book. By the time we finished reading it, we felt grateful for the gems of insight we discovered… Brownell is honest and authentic throughout his book as he portrays how religion and spirituality can be both a source of emotional distress and a powerful healing resource.
As readers of the book enjoy their own “conversations” with Brownell, we are convinced they will be rewarded with rich insights into how spirituality can be integrated into psychotherapy in a mature, competent, and ethical manner.”–P. Scott Richards and Peter W. Sanders, PsycCRITIQUES
Historically, mental health clinicians were trained to refer clients’ spiritual issues to pastoral professionals. However, the current requirement for competence with diverse cultural concerns in counseling and psychotherapy may include those of a religious nature. Using a nonsectarian approach that can complement a wide range of psychotherapeutic orientations, this practical guide helps therapists and counselors gain competence in working with clients who are dealing with spiritual issues in their lives.
Written by an experienced clinical psychologist who is also an ordained clergyman, the book describes how to work effectively and ethically with clients of all faiths who present spiritual questions, problems, and unfinished spiritual or religious business.
The book offers counselors and psychotherapists who lack experience or comfort in dealing with spiritual issues (especially those who have not worked out their own approaches to spirituality) ways of understanding the nature of spirituality. It orients clinicians to respectfully help clients who have spiritual and religious issues. It provides basic information about Western and Eastern spiritual worldviews and provides a basic framework for competently addressing spiritual issues for clients of any faith.
The book discusses four ways in which spirituality can inform psychotherapy, including spiritual work in the context of a therapeutic relationship, in the interpretation of experience, and in the movement to enactment. It addresses specific issues therapists may encounter such as clients’ uncertainties in faith, struggles with oppressively rigid faith communities, grief and loss, and abuse at the hands of religious community leaders. Specific recommendations for providing therapeutic help as well as case examples drawn from actual practice provide practical guidelines for enhancing spiritual competency in psychotherapy.
- Provides practical guidelines for counseling clients about a variety of spiritual issues
- Includes approaches that can be incorporated into a wide range of psychotherapeutic modalities
- Helps clinicians to understand clients’ spiritual perspectives in order to suggest effective interventions
- Addresses specific spiritual or religious concerns that clients often make known, providing illustrative case examples
- Presents an open window through which the reader might gaze upon spiritual life so as to grasp its nature and more fully understand religious and spiritual people
More courses from the same author: Philip BrownellShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
There are no reviews yet.