There Is More Than One Type Of Flexibility
The concept of flexibility has been destroyed. In an attempt to simplify and isolate, most have lost the many forms of flexibility from static to dynamic and passive to active.
The Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit is for anyone who wants to truly understand how to increase range of motion. We cover the entire passive to active spectrum in order to be able to actively control our joints through full range – but do so easily with little need to warmup. Our goal is to have full control of our range of motion immediately upon waking up in the morning. The way it should be.
In its most basic form flexibility is defined as “the quality of bending easily without breaking”. This requires a range of tools to build strength, motor control and resilience throughout our body. Don’t expect endless foam rolling, purely passive work, mobility flows or other short term increases in range. We are here for the long term, and only use the most potent tools for the job.
If you do it right, you’ll only have to do it once.
Next Module: Pike & Head To Toe
Pike & Head To Toe is currently available as early access to our current Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit members
The pike module will also be introducing pulsing & ballistic stretching as an additional training methodology within the Toolkit.
The Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit Structure
- How you should set measurable goals with a step by step plan.
- How to quantify progress and accurately track your flexibility improvements session by session.
- Learn what stimulus works best for you and what doesn’t.
- Understand how to accurately read your programs: reps, sets, tempo, rest and more.
- Learn how to conduct a comprehensive assessment on yourself, determining your individual weak links.
- You will measure joint angles on your assessment photos and discover what is holding you back.
- Find out where and how you should focus your training efforts.
Phase 1 Program Design
- Individualise your first training program based directly on your assessment results.
- Learn why you should start training differently to someone else with the same goal.
- How often to train and when to incorporate mobility & flexibility training into your routine.
- Gain an understanding of the full spectrum of passive to active flexibility, and everything in between.
- Learn the many facets of mobility & flexibility training: active, passive, dynamic, ballistic, isometric, PNF, PIR and more.
- How to get strong and gain full control throughout your range of motion.
- What you should do to break plateaus in training and keep progressing session to session.
- When to add weight and when to “progressively underload”.
How To Write Your Own Programs
- How to choose the order of exercises, tempo, TUT, reps, sets & rest.
- How to write your own programs and keep progressing indefinitely.
- Use our unique, first of its kind, drill matrix for each skill to easily create as many individualised and targeted training programs as you need.
- Learn how to manage for volume, recovery and more.
Recovery & Extras
- Student case studies.
- How to address knee pain.
- Fixing left/right imbalances.
- What’s the best equipment to use for your budget.
We Learnt As Adults
The entire Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit team learnt to get flexible as an adult. This puts us in a unique position to teach having gone through the journey later in life ourselves.
We are practitioners who are constantly researching, testing and teaching. Our goal is to uncover the underlying principles and teach not just ‘how’ and ‘what’ to do but ‘why’ you should do it. We were never gifted with flexibility, which forced us to find the real mechanisms behind increasing range of motion for adults.
Toolkit > Program
The Toolkits teach you the methodology that underpins our programs. That means you know exactly how to change things for your purposes, how to identify what is holding you back, what to do when you plateau and more.
Our Toolkits are designed to be used for as long as you need, they each contain years worth of training information and we’re continuously adding more. We teach you how to program mobility & flexibility training so that you can keep progressing indefinitely.
The Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit is designed for adults who are serious not just about practising range of motion training, but also about understanding why they train the way they do.
Our Goal Is Your Result
You can become flexible as an adult, we’ve proved it time and time again. Our students work hard, combine that with a potent methodology and you get some incredible results.
Some of these changes happened in a few days, most took several weeks and some the course of over a year. If you’re willing to work diligently we can help you with the process.
Who This Is For
- You want to improve your own mobility & flexibility and understand why you train the way you do.
- You are a personal trainer, coach or teacher of physical practice and want to expand your knowledge into proper training methods to improve the results of your clients/students.
- You’re willing to put in the work – the Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit works when you do.
Who This Is Not For
- You can’t dedicate at least 1 hour per week on your range of motion.
- You are looking for only a generic follow along flow where everyone does the same thing.
- You do not care about understanding why you should train in certain ways. If you just want to know what to do and nothing more, then this isn’t for you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Skill Level Is This For?
The Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit is designed for complete beginners all the way to contortion. We teach you the underlying principles of mobility & flexibility training. This includes how to scale and modify your training from complete beginner to advanced.
Here’s a lesson preview for 1 of our methods (we include multiple approaches) of starting your first program
We aim to keep everything easy to understand but without oversimplifying.
Mobility & flexibility is a vast and complex topic. We go into the finer details teaching you how to complete in-depth assessments, understand the relevant anatomy, approach a range of training methodologies and much more. The Toolkit is for those who are fed up with generic routines and are looking to build a long term practice that has depth, is individualised and intelligently thought through.
What Equipment Do I Need?
We deliberately keep training equipment as minimal as possible without sacrificing results.
What you need depends on what you’re training: an adjustable dumbbell can be picked up for ~$30 and would cover that vast majority of our recommendations.
For the vast majority of people, you will only need up to 10kg for flexibility training.
- Side Split – adjustable dumbbell
- Pancake – adjustable dumbbell
- Shoulders – adjustable dumbbell, single loop resistance band and a stick
That’s pretty much it. You don’t even need a partner as we’ve designed all the assessments to be done by yourself (including how to place the camera), with all partner based work done as an optional alternative method to use.
How Much Time Does It Take?
- The Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit is designed to teach you the principles of range of motion training.
- We show you how to scale your training from 1 hour per week to as ambitious as your body and lifestyle allows.
- The Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit isn’t one size fits all, we show you how to adapt the tools to you as an individual.
Can’t I Learn All This On Youtube?
Youtube can a be a great resource with more free tutorials than any individual is capable of watching on mobility & flexibility.
We even make our own youtube tutorials as well!
But a side effect of only learning on Youtube is that you’ll waste dozens of hours learning the same thing, searching for tutorials only to find partial answers and not having a precise process designed to help you truly learn the skills you’re after. You’ll find a lot of generic follow alongs and random pieces of advice but nothing that assess you properly and teaches you step by step on how to put that information together from start to finish.
What is your time and knowledge worth to you?
Get Mobility & Flexibility Toolkit on courseamz