Description of ADHD, Executive Functioning, and Health Outcomes
Long-term consequences of untreated childhood ADHD is associated with increased risks for substance abuse, poor health/hygiene practices, accidental/self-inflicted injuries, antisocial activities, violent crimes, reactive aggression, intimate partner violence as well as suicide across the lifespan.
That is because ADHD is a disorder of executive functioning (EF) that undermines human self-regulation.
In this session, view internationally renowned ADHD expert Russell A. Barkley, Ph.D., as you discover the evidence that justifies alarm at the substantial adverse impact ADHD poses for long-term quality of life and reduced life expectancy. You’ll learn:
- Why ADHD is a disorder of EF and how it undermines self-regulation
- How ADHD predisposes one to engage in countless adverse health and lifestyle activities daily
- Modified approaches to clinical management of ADHD
- Evaluate ADHD as a disorder of EF and how it undermines self-regulation to inform client assessment and treatment.
- Determine how ADHD impairs major domains of life activities such as educational, family, peer, and occupational functioning.
- Investigate the evidence that supports the adverse impact ADHD poses on various health and medical problems, long-term quality of life, and reduced life expectancy.
- Utilize the implications of these findings to revise current approaches to clinical management of ADHD.
What You’ll Learn In ADHD, Executive Functioning, and Health Outcomes
- ADHD as a disorder of EF and how it undermines self-regulation
- How ADHD impairs major domains of life activities such as educational, family, peer, and occupational functioning
- Evidence that supports the adverse impact ADHD poses on various health and medical problems, long-term quality of life, and reduced life expectancy
- Implications to current approaches to clinical management of ADHD
- Marriage & Family Therapists
- Occupational Therapists
- Occupational Therapy Assistants
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Social Workers
More courses from the same author: Russell A. BarkleyShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses