Description of 2-Day Emergency Nursing Boot Camp
Critical Interventions & Actions for:
- Trauma’s Lethal Triad
- Penetrating Chest Traumas
- SIRS & Sepsis
- Burn Trauma
- Toxicology Challenges
- Cardiovascular & Neuro Emergencies
You have the daunting challenge of recognizing subtle changes in a patient’s condition that can lead serious complications or even death. Are you sure you have the knowledge and skills you need to handle these difficult situations?
Working in the rapidly-changing emergency department and caring for the most complex patients means you have to be able to recognize these changes and respond appropriately. You’re dealing with life-threatening conditions and you need to be up to date on the most current and cutting-edge strategies. During this comprehensive program you will gain the skills you need to manage any situation. Drawing on over 20 years of experience, Sean G. Smith, RN, BSN, NREMT-P, C-NPT, CCRN, CMC, CEN, CFRN, FP-C, CPEN, will challenge you to take your knowledge to the next level!
- Interpret patterns of ischemia, injury and infarction on a 12-lead EKG.
- Discuss cardiac disorders which carry an increased risk for sudden death.
- Describe the relationship between ventilation and perfusion.
- Identify conditions which would require a chest tube.
- Recognize assessment findings in clinical syndromes that may progress rapidly and cause life-threatening conditions.
- Define the anatomy and physiology of the neurological system and how this manifests in physical symptoms.
- Recognize life-threatening electrolyte imbalances, potential causes and remedies.
- Interpret arterial blood gasses using a three-step method.
- Compare and contrast the oxyhemoglobin dissociation curve to pulse oximetry readings, So2 and pO2 values.
- Evaluate signs, symptoms and treatment modalities for four different classifications of shock.
- Describe systemic inflammatory response syndrome and the spectrum of septic shock.
- Correlate clinical presentations of patients during the continuum of SIRS to septic shock.
- Discuss the coagulation cascade and laboratory values associated with disruption of normal function.
What You’ll Learn In 2-Day Emergency Nursing Boot Camp
OUTLINE – DAY ONE
Trauma’s Lethal Triad: Hypothermia, Acidosis & Coagulopathy Hypothermia
- Correct Classification of the Trauma Patient
- Contributing Risk Factors
- Volume Resuscitation
- Why, When & How to Use IV Fluids
- What is Happening & Why?
- Panic Values & Lethal Levels
- Oxyhemoglobin Dissociation Curve
- Left & Right Curves
- Why it Matters
- Understanding a Very Complex Process
- Effect on Body Systems
- When it Goes Wrong
- DIC: Disseminated Intravascular Coagulopathy
- Understanding the Lab Values
- CBC, Platelets, PT, PTT, D-dimer, Fibrin
- Hemorrhagic Shock
- Permissive Hypotension
- Damage Control Resuscitation
- Understanding the Lab Values
Putting it All Together
- Simple Steps that SAVE Lives
- Management & Treatment Options
- Critical Assessments during the Primary Survey
- Key Components of the Secondary Survey
- Fluid Resuscitation Formulas
- American Burn Association Evaluation Criteria
- Treatment Strategies for Chemical, Electrical & Thermal Burns
- ‘Never Miss’ Clues for Identifying Inhalation Injuries
The Septic Patient
- SIRS: Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome & SEPSIS
- Inflammatory Response: A Good Thing
- SIRS: Too Much of a Good Thing
- Sepsis & Severe Sepsis: Too Much of a Good Thing Comes to a Bad End
- Patient Presentations along the Continuum
- Sepsis Surveillance
- Emergent Interventions: Time is Tissue
OUTLINE – DAY TWO
Penetrating Chest Traumas
- FAST Evaluation & Ultrasound
- Variations & Identifying Symptoms
- Emergency Interventions
- Flail Chest
- Dos & Don’ts of Initial Management
- Special Populations at Risk
- Cardiac Tamponade
- Thoracotomy in the ED
- Advanced Hemodynamics
- SVR: Systemic Vascular Resistance
- CVP Monitoring
- The Spectrum of Acute Coronary Syndrome
- Key Assessments & Interventions for:
- Unstable Angina
- Recognizing Arrhythmias
- Stable, Unstable and Lethal
Neuro Emergencies: Time is Brain
- Concepts of Volume & Pressure
- Rapid Neuro Assessment
- Critical Interventions for:
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Diffuse Axonal Injury
- Identifying the Toxin
- Assessment of Intentional & Unintentional Overdose
- ABGs – a Critical Key
- Treatment Options: Removing & Reducing Causative Agent
- Symptom Management Strategies When There is No Curative Agent
- Toxicology Arrhythmias: Expected & Unexpected
- Today’s Street Drugs
Life-Threatening Electrolyte Imbalances
- Critical Clues for Quick Identification
- Panic Values
- Interventions that Improve Outcomes
- Potential Causes & Treatments
More courses from the same author: Sean G. SmithShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses