Sean G. Smith & Tom F. Gutchewsky – Recognizing Early Signs of Trouble
Description of Recognizing Early Signs of Trouble
Heart Disease and Stroke are the two leading causes of death in the world…
You NEED to understand cardiac and neurologic anatomy and physiology… yet the complexities of these body systems can overwhelm even the most seasoned nurses. The key to avoiding life–threatening complications is to identify subtle changes in your patient’s symptoms early.
Now in this comprehensive online course, two hand–picked experts with 40+ years of combined experience give you the tools you need to identify presenting and evolving symptoms, so you can confidently intervene before a situation becomes life–threatening.
Walk away with clinical pearls like:
- Most recent pharmacological treatments available for cardiac and neuro emergencies
- Key insights to anticipate when an invasive procedure like angioplasty, stenting or surgery is likely
- How patients with asymptomatic VPBs in the peri–infarct period, when given antiarrhythmic drugs, can have an increased risk for mortality
- Which therapeutic treatment will yield the best results based on current ICP
- The latest evidence–based strategies for neuro trauma
- And so much more!
Acute Cardiac Conditions: Quick Assessment & Rapid Action
Module 1: Acute Cardiac Pathology
- Review angiogram films to identify specific pathology including culprit vs. chronic lesions
- Identify changes of acute MV regurgitation caused by myocardial ischemia on echocardiogram
- Observe how an intra-aortic balloon pump can stabilize a patient with ventral septal defect caused by MI prior to surgery
- Discuss which drugs are most beneficial for specific conditions and adhere to AHA recommendations
Module 2: Aortic Dissection
- Stanford types A and B – including common causes, which patients are at risk, and typical presenting symptoms
- Review diagnostic techniques and images including echocardiogram, TEE, and CT scans for pathological findings
- Which patients require emergency surgery vs. medical management?
- Explore the latest surgical techniques used in treatment
Module 3: Cardiac Tamponade
- Identify the symptoms of cardiac tamponade including the components of Beck’s triad
- Learn the causes of pericardial tamponade
- Review diagnostic echocardiogram and CT images
- Appropriate treatments including pericardiocentesis and pericardial window surgical procedures
Module 4: Cardiogenic Shock
- Understand the multiple causes of cardiogenic shock to identify early symptoms
- Compare the function of diagnostic techniques, including echocardiogram and swan ganz catheters
- Gain insight into typical and more advanced treatments including fluid resuscitation, medication, interventions, intra-aortic balloon pumps, ECMO, and VADs
Module 5: Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Identify acute cardiac arrhythmias including atrial fibrillation/flutter, 3rd-degree heart block and ventricular tachycardia by EKG findings
- Review common etiologies and risk factors
- Explore treatment options including medication, electricity, and ablation procedures
The Complex Neuro Patient: Strategies to Take Your Practice to the Next Level
Module 1: Neuroanatomy
- Summarize neuroanatomy as applicable to complex neurological patients
- Overview of the nervous system: Central Nervous System, Peripheral Nervous System, and Autonomic Nervous System
- Identify function, formation, properties, and flow of cerebral spinal fluid
Module 2: Neurological Assessment
- Review neurologic assessment strategies and changes associated with pathological conditions
- What you need to do with your assessment results
Module 3: Overview of Seizures
- Specify the clinical presentation and treatment recommendations for seizure types and epilepsy
- Go over what your responsibilities are before, during, and after your patient has a seizure
- How to, and what to be cautious about with post traumatic seizure medications
Module 4: Brain Injuries, Spinal Cord Injuries, and Lesions
- Recognizing the signs and symptoms of a brain injury
- Identify essential management strategies for patients with spinal cord injury and head injuries
- Discuss secondary injuries of spinal cord and brain trauma
Module 5: Critical Care Management of the Neuroscience Patient
- Correlate increased intracranial pressures with expected causes and critical care management
- Overview of causes, symptoms, and management of Diabetes Insipidus
Module 6: Migraines and Headaches
- Identify essential management strategies for patients with complicated headache & migraines
- Review the diagnostic criteria and management strategies for patients with Alzheimer’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson’s Disease, Guillain-Barre Syndrome, Myasthenia Gravis, and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
More courses from the same author: Sean G. Smith & Tom F. GutchewskyShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses
There are no reviews yet.