Description of Solution Focused Therapy
Pain brings a client to therapy. Hope keeps them coming back.
But that hope can be lost when sessions are focused primarily on problems and pathology, leaving clients (and therapists) overwhelmed and discouraged. Solution-Focused Therapy changes that dynamic by giving you the tools you need to show your clients that solutions are possible … and they don’t need to wait very long to see meaningful results!
Designed to complement any theoretical framework, Solution-Focused Therapy engages and activates clients to make change, whether they are new to therapy or have found themselves “stuck” in the therapeutic process. Unlike traditional problem-driven approaches, Solution-Focused Therapy helps clients recognize their internal resources, identify personal strengths and build on what is already working for them.
Packed with case examples, video and film demonstrations, discussion and practice, this workshop is engaging, informative and immediately useful to clinicians at any training level.
In this recording, you’ll learn practical, innovative ways to:
- Quickly engage and activate clients in their treatment
- Retain clients who might otherwise drop out of therapy
- Improve clinical outcomes for even the most “stuck” clients
- Use between-session assignments to enhance the work you’re already doing
- Empower clients to continue to make progress once therapy ends
- Ascertain how a “successful outcome” in therapy is defined when utilizing a solution-focused approach.
- Utilize specific solution-focused techniques to improve client engagement in therapy and improve clinical outcomes.
- Explain the importance of focusing on clients’ values in order to increase motivation and elicit therapeutic change.
- Develop a solution-focused treatment plan that incorporates attainable, client-driven goals.
- Implement clinical interventions that improve clients’ sense of agency and control over their treatment.
- Utilize scaling and the concept of “positive differences” to assist clients in recognizing their competencies and therapeutic progress.
Would you like to receive Seth Bernstein – Solution Focused Therapy, Building on What Works to Create Change and Get Results ?
Do More of What’s Working: Integrate Solution-Focused Therapy Into Your Current Approach
- Redefine “successful outcome” in therapy
- Find the exception to the problem
- Who is the expert?
- Stay in the present
- Change language and interventions to be strengths-based
- A new perspective on goal setting
- Limitations of the research and potential risks
Quickly Engage Clients in Treatment: Get Buy-In and Instill Hope During the First Session
- Build the therapeutic alliance
- Decrease resistance and defensiveness
- Integrate Prochaska’s Stages of Change
- Emphasize client competence with the “Yes Set”
- Help clients recognize existing support
- Exercises to identify personal VIPs
- Relationship “deposits”
- Utilize evidence-based compliments to reinforce strengths and coping skills
Behavior Management Plan Development
- A Comprehensive Step-By-Step Guide with Worksheets and Checklists
- Explicitly describe the behavior
- Assess impact of cognition, emotion, medical status, personal history on behavior
- Identify the cause of the behavior
- Interventions to address causes of behaviors
- Environmental changes
- Communication changes
- Schedule changes
- Medical changes
- Staff changes
- Write a thorough behavior intervention plan for the entire care team
- Evaluate the success of the behavior management plan or reasons for failure
Gain Therapeutic Momentum: Activate Change Through Collaboration
- Gain a motivational edge by tapping into client values
- Interventions that emphasize client strengths and competencies
- Identify clients’ preferred future with variants of the “Miracle Question”
- Nurture clients’ sense of agency by highlighting:
- Coping skills
- Positive differences
- Progress in treatment
- Elicit change with solution-focused goal setting
Putting It All Together: Combine Strengths and Skills to Create Lasting Change
- Strategies that facilitate therapeutic change
- Incremental learning
- Between session assignments
- Continue building on the positive
- Resource activation
- Expanding personal VIPs
- Utilize “scaling” as an outcome monitoring and motivational tool
- Work through transference issues that may impede progress
- Termination considerations
More courses from the same author: Seth BernsteinShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses