Description of Alzheimer’s Disease & Other Dementias Certificate Program
This program recording is vital for anyone who works with dementia patients and needs skills and proven strategies to provide optimal care!
Watch Dr. Sherrie All as she provides you with the assessment tools and interventions you need to identify and differentiate between dementias, prevent and reduce difficult behaviors, and improve your ability to communicate with cognitively impaired patients!
More than just an overview of dementia and Alzheimer’s, this program will offer practical solutions to some of the most challenging real-life situations you face and bring you up to speed on the latest medications, preventative treatments, and advances in early detection that could impact your work.
Best of all, you’ll get your Certificate in Alzheimer’s Disease & Other Dementias letting colleagues, employers, and families know that you’ve invested the extra time and effort necessary to understand the complexities of the disease, build essential skills, and employ safe and effective best practices to provide quality care.
No matter your profession, you’ll leave this comprehensive recording more confident in your ability to minimize challenging behavioral issues associated with dementia, improve communication with your patients, and provide the best care possible for this vulnerable population!
- Communicate how the manifestations of each type of dementia impacts identification and prognosis.
- Provide a synopsis of 2 assessment tools that can be employed to screen for possible cognitive difficulty.
- Specify how non-verbal communication skills can help professionals identify meanings behind gestures when working with patients who have dementia.
- Characterize how patient safety can be enhanced with strategies to redirect wandering and manage paranoia.
- Establish how the latest medications, preventative treatments, and advances in early detection could impact care of people with dementia.
- Explore end of life issues and elder abuse and correlate how the ethics of dying impact the clinician, client, and their family.
What You’ll Learn In Alzheimer’s Disease & Other Dementias Certificate Program
Manifestations and Prognosis for Each Type of Dementia
- Cognitive decline vs. normal aging
- Mild Neuro-Cognitive Disorder
- Manifestations and prognosis for:
- Vasular Dementia
- Lewy Body Dementia
- Frontotemporal Dementia
- Stages of dementia
- Psuedo-dementias and reversible conditions
Cognitive Assessment Tools and Advances in Early-Detection
- MOCA and SLUMS
- Step-by-step utilization
- What they tell you and what they don’t
- Brain imaging
- Research on biomarkers
- Genetic risk profiling
- When to refer for a formal neuropsychological assessment
Behavioral Interventions Toolbox: Causes and Solutions to Challenging Behaviors
- Identifying triggers for challenging behaviors
- Assess for pain in dementia patients
- What do for sundowning?
- Techniques to minimize combativeness and aggressive behaviors
- Strategies to redirect wandering
- Paranoia – causes and management
- Effective responses to hallucinations and delusions
- Strategies to reduce repetitive behaviors
- How to improve personal care and activities of daily living
Communication Strategies to Improve Care
- Successful non-verbal communication – find meaning behind gestures
- Best practices to avoid arguments
- Questions to ask, and how to ask them
- Innovative communication tools
Psychopharmacology and Nutrition: The Latest Medications and Preventative Treatments
- Approved medications for behavioral and cognitive symptoms
- Nutritive interventions for Alzheimer’s prevention
- Disease modifying medication
Ethical Issues Related to Dementia
- End of life issues
- Reporting abuse (physical, sexual, financial)
- Multicultural considerations
More courses from the same author: Sherrie AllShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses