Description of Non-Medication Treatments for ADHD
In your practice, you will find clients/patients with an ADHD diagnosis who prefer not to take medication. There are various reasons for this – and in this seminar recording you will learn these reasons, and you will learn what other treatment options are available. The more you know the “whys” of your client’s choice of treatment, the better quality of care you can provide them. You will learn about the medications available for treating ADHD, including the benefits and side effects. You will learn the myths surrounding medication, and how to help your client/patient make the most informed choice about their treatment.
Not only will you learn the most common non-medication treatments for ADHD in this seminar recording, you will also learn the safety and efficacy of each treatment. This information is very valuable when considering referring a client/patient for ADHD treatment. You will also learn how much these treatments cost, and if the possible benefits outweigh the financial impact on the client/patient.
The use of nutraceuticals/supplements will be discussed – both how they can impact the central nervous system and why it is important to find a producer with good quality assurance. You will also learn how diet can make a difference in treating ADHD – but not in the way you might think. You will also learn more about the research purporting a link between pesticides and ADHD. Dr. Sarkis, a psychotherapist and published author with more than 15 years of experience in treating ADHD, will show you the path to determining the best ADHD client/patient treatment.
- Characterize the benefits and drawbacks of non-medication treatments for ADHD versus medication treatment
- Determine the most common non-medication treatments for ADHD
- Identify the reasons why many patients/clients request non-medication treatments
- Synthesis the safety and efficacy of non-medication treatments for ADHD
- Determine whether the benefits of alternative treatments outweigh the costs to the patient/client
- Evaluate how nutraceuticals/supplements and diet may or may not influence symptoms of ADHD
What You’ll Learn In Non-Medication Treatments for ADHD
Non-Medication Treatments for ADHD: ADHD and the “Immature” Brain
- Brain imaging evidence of ADHD
- Genetic links of ADHD
- Research regarding ADHD brain development
- Frontal lobes mature more slowly in the ADHD brain
- Implications for treatment
Traditional Treatments for ADHD
- Parents’ concerns about medication
- ADHD brain has a low level of a brain chemical called dopamine
- Movement raises dopamine levels
- Role of rhythm and timing in the ADHD brain
- Integrated movement systems
Frontal Lobe/Working Memory Training
- Improving cognitive abilities
- “Brain Gym”
- Integrative listening systems
- “Tomatis Method”
- Interactive Metronome
Vestibular and Cerebellar Exercises
- Deficits in inner ear
- Dyslexia dyspraxia attention treatment (DDAT)
- Sensory Integration Therapy
- Sensitivity to texture, touch, smells
ADHD and Nervous System Overstimulation
- Nervous system is “overcharged”
- Breathwork and movement for nervous system calming
- Creative visualization
Physical Body Work
- Chiropractic treatment
- Repetitive Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation
- Television/video games
- Sleep deprivation
- Second-hand smoke
- Environmental toxicity
- Lead poisoning
- Studies regarding link
- Changes to the environment
- Not regulated by FDA
- Pharmacopeia seal
- Omega 3-6-9
- Study shows people with ADHD do not absorb Omegas as well as others
- Data on effectiveness
- Food additives
- Food allergies
- Recent study regarding ADHD risk and pesticides
- Is organic really necessary?
- Optimal diet for ADHD
More courses from the same author: Stephanie Moulton SarkisShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses