Description of 35 Days to Better Grades: A High School Study Skills Course
If you’ve ever felt like your student was smarter than their grades reflected, you are probably right.
High school success is rarely dependent on intelligence alone.
Still, so many students are: overwhelmed, mentally-tired and exhausted; trying to plan for future success, but burning out; wanting to be high achievers, but disorganized and frustrated.
Why is this? Sometimes, busy life is the culprit (AP classes, extracurricular activities, sports, band, etc.), but often students simply have never learned how to handle the workload they’ve been given. With the skills taught in this comprehensive Study Skills training course, however, your student can break the norm and thrive.
We designed this 35 Days to Better Grades: A High School Study Skills Course for students who are in the same boat as your students — because we were there too.
Our story is just like these students with one big difference: Skylar (me) had someone teach me study skills. Unlike most of the students at my high school, I actually had a teacher reach out and spend two weeks helping me learn a few, key best practices for excelling academically. So far as I can tell, that’s the real difference between me and some of my fellow students who struggled. I’m rarely the smartest person in the room. I’m definitely not a super genius.
But I learned how to study. And it made all the difference.
I can’t say that my academic success (top of my high school, college, and graduate programs, with athletic awards as well) is purely based on hard work; I have some God-given ability, too. But I do know this (because we’ve seen so many times through the years):
Stress-busting, confidence-building, time-saving, grade-boosting study skills can help your student achieve things he or she wouldn’t have dreamed possible.
What you will learn in 35 Days to Better Grades: A High School Study Skills Course
In this 35 Days to Better Grades: A High School Study Skills course, you students will learn:
- Why cramming crushes students — and the blueprint for getting off the Cram Cycle
- Why motivation matters so much, and how to jumpstart your motivation — even if you’re still in high school
- The 2 non-ignorable things you need to know from every textbook chapter, class, and other learning experiences
- How to apply top-notch note-taking skills to every subject: math, science, English, foreign languages, and more
- How to have a world-class study session every time you sit down (hint: there are 3 characteristics you need to have)
- Scientifically-verified techniques that, when applied, have together shown more than a 300% learning boost
- How to never lose an assignment with these simple productivity and organization strategies
Our goal in this 35 Days to Better Grades is pretty simple: we want your student to experience the levels of success they’re capable of — without being hampered by a lack of study skills training.
StudyRight is a social enterprise that motivates and supports students in and across London through providing interpersonal and academic support. We provide specialist tailored learning support for students at KS1- KS5, including 11+, GCSEs and A-levels.
We believe that education is more than just learning new facts and skills; it is freedom. Knowledge gives you the power to make your own decisions, establishing and achieving your own goals.
More courses from the same author: StudyRightShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1