The Next Level of Spinal Education
Nearly 80% of adults will experience Low Back Pain, (LBP) and seek care in outpatient clinics. Evidence has been inconclusive for the best treatment techniques – especially for spinal stabilization programs. However, new research from electromyography (EMG) studies has provided an improved understanding of how functional movement, muscle imbalances, and ineffective load transfer through the lumbo-pelvic-hip complex increase risk of injury along the entire lower kinetic chain.
Explore the role of movement and muscle imbalances on pain and dysfunction in the spine and lower extremities by using gait, posture, functional movement analysis, and simple clinical tests. Identify true lumbar instability, myofascial sling, and joint dysfunctions that may be contributing to your patient’s pain. Discover the latest clinical prediction rules for LBP to guide your treatment planning, and incorporate manual therapy, stabilization, and exercise into your treatment.
Take core, balance, and proprioceptive training to the next level with an interactive, hands-on lab — learn manual techniques to rebalance tissue dysfunctions and how to develop an effective corrective exercise program utilizing inexpensive equipment such as foam rollers. With a more focused approach you will get better outcomes in less time — and you and your patient will have fun in the process!
Would you like to receive Sue DuPont – Advances in Treating Spinal Instability ?
BACK PAIN: WHY IT’S A PROBLEM
- Biotensegrity: The Anti-Gravity Model
- Role of the “Core” stiffness or movement?
- Myofascial connections and their role in stabilization and function
LAB #1 — MYOFASCIAL MOBILIZATIONS
BACK PAIN: ARE WE CHASING THE PAIN?
- Structural vs. functional pathology
- Effects of sustained postures and forces
- Effects of chronic pain and dysfunction on movement
WHAT IS SPINAL INSTABILITY?
- Ambiguity of term spinal instability
- Disconnect between medical diagnosis and clinical signs and symptoms
- Historical perspective of spinal instability
- Muscle dysfunction and lumbar spinal instability
- Functional vs. pathological muscle imbalances
- Rehab goal for muscle imbalances
KINETIC CHAIN REHAB FOR FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT
- Kinetic chain rehab principles
- Functional coupling between muscles and fascia
- Components for optimal functional movement
- Myofascial slings and common dysfunctions
- Biomechanical link between lower kinetic chain and spinal instability
IS SPINAL INSTABILITY JUST ABOUT STIFFNESS?
- Static vs. dynamic spinal instability
- Synergist, agonist, and antagonist effects of muscles and force vectors
WHERE ARE WE NOW?
- Motor control vs. general exercise
- Clinical prediction rules for back pain
- Influence of posture and body type
- Muscle sling dysfunctions – “Gluteal Amnesia,” Quadratus Lumborum Syndrome, etc.
- Importance of dynamic functional movement analysis
LAB #2 – POSTURE, ROM, & MUSCLE LENGTH
SPINAL INSTABILITY: CLINICAL PRESENTATION & OBSERVATIONS
- Patient case studies
- Finding myofascial imbalances and compensatory patterns
- Best clinical tests for spinal instability
- Clinical “pearls” for determining weak quadrant
LAB #3 — DYNAMIC FUNCTIONAL MOVEMENT OBSERVATIONS & CLINICAL ANALYSIS
CORRECTIVE EXERCISE PROGRESSIONS FOR SPINAL INSTABILITY
- Motor control of local stabilizers
- Adding tri-planar stabilization
- Turning on the gluteal muscles
- Progression of Spinal Stabilization Exercises
- EMG evidence-guided progressions
- Adding equipment and unlevel surfaces
- 5 functional tasks to ALWAYS include
LAB #4 — PRACTICE CORRECTIVE EXERCISE PROGRESSIONS LIVE CASE STUDY
- Identify and develop a treatment plan
- Myofascial sling dysfunction and spinal instability
More courses from the same author: Sue DuPontShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses