Tara Brach – Radical Acceptance with Tara Brach, Ph.D.: Integrating Meditation to Heal Shame and Fear in Clinical Practice
Description of Radical Acceptance with Tara Brach, Ph.D.: Integrating Meditation to Heal Shame and Fear in Clinical Practice
Imagine what it would be like for your clients to be without anxiety about their imperfections. World renowned meditation teacher, clinician and best-selling author Tara Brach, Ph.D., will teach you the specific practices your clients need to become more mindful and compassionate toward the “unforgivable” parts within themselves — and how to help our clients free themselves from “the prison of shame and self-aversion”. Radical acceptance is the path to freedom your clients seek.
Tara Brach has taught clinicians around the globe how to effectively combine therapy with meditation and mindfulness to transform their practice. Therapy helps us to recognize and accept our patterns and imperfections, while meditation gradually opens us to the confidence that we have an inner refuge, a way to hold our lives in our own caring and healing presence.
This is the groundwork for deeply enriching clinical practice and offering strategies to clients that increase self-trust, self-compassion, confidence, understanding and resilience.
Engage in guided meditations, experiential exercises and conversation that will teach you specific meditations to heal fear, judgement and unforgiving behaviors. Radical Acceptance is the capacity to see clearly what is happening in the moment, and accept what we see. In this workshop you will explore how the practices of mindfulness and compassion allow us to genuinely embrace our lives, and connectedness with others.
One of the deepest forms of suffering is the pain of feeling that “something is wrong with me”. The feeling of falling short, like a toxic gas we continually breathe, makes it difficult to be truly intimate with others and at home in our own body, heart and mind. Whether in the shape of chronic self-judgment, depression, anxiety or gripping shame, feelings of deficiency prevent us from living and loving fully.
What you’ll learn in Radical Acceptance with Tara Brach, Ph.D.: Integrating Meditation to Heal Shame and Fear in Clinical Practice
- Identify basic principles of Buddhist psychology and their implications for treating anxiety and depression.
- Examine the role of meditation practices in helping clients improve therapeutic outcomes.
- Utilize mindfulness and compassion practices in addressing fear, grief, anger and shame in session.
- Recognize the contra-indications of various attentional strategies in addressing traumatic fear in session.
- Explain meditative strategies that help clients address interpersonal conflict.
- Differentiate the components of varying attentional strategies to improve clinical outcomes.
Radical Acceptance and Meditation Overview
- Cause of the pervasive sense of personal deficiency in contemporary culture
- Practice – establishing intention, quieting mind, sensory awareness
- Understand the cause of emotional suffering from the perspective of
- Buddhist psychology
- Western psychology – attraction, aversion
- Evolutionary psychology- negativity bias
- Preponderance of shame in western culture
Meditation for Emotional Resilience, Emotional Intelligence and Deep Transformation
- Shifting from “Fight Flight Freeze” to “Attend and Befriend”
- Present centered non-judgmental attention
- Cultivate concentration and quiet mind
- Develop resource states (love, relaxation, peace, etc.)
- Counter dissociation – cultivate sensory-based attention
- Current research – efficacy of mindfulness and therapeutic healing
- Practice & Discussion: Guided exercise in embodied presence.
Radical Acceptance: Cultivate the Two Wings of Awareness
- Basic principles and components of
- Buddhist mindfulness meditation
- Role of concentration in cultivating mindfulness
- Objects of concentration (audio, kinesthetic, visual)—differential uses of objects
- Working definition of mindfulness
- Radical Acceptance: The two wings of awareness
- Practice & Discussion: The two wings – “yes” meditation
The RAIN Model: Apply Meditation to Emotional Suffering
- A model for how we get locked into shame and fear
- Transform shame and fear- pathways of reconnecting
- Introduce RAIN: recognizing, allowing, investigating, nurturing
- Introduce version of RAIN with additional resourcing
- Comprehensive case review
- Practice & Discussion: RAIN for self-compassion
Releasing Armor: Cultivate a Forgiving Heart
- Research on forgiveness
- The process of forgiving- recognizing stories, contacting vulnerability
- Need for clinical support
- Sequence of attentional strategies
- Case study
- Practice & Discussion: Classical forgiveness
Evolving our Capacity for Compassion
- The alchemy of arousing compassion
- Working with both dissociation and the tendency to get flooded
- Practice & Discussion: Compassion Meditation
Positive Neuroplasticity – “Seeing the Good”
- The gift of mirroring
- Deepening intimacy and connection- in our individual and collective psyche
- Practice & Discussion: Cultivating loving kindness
About Tara Brach, PhD
Tara Brach, PhD, is a clinical psychologist, an internationally known teacher of mindfulness meditation, and the founder of the Insight Meditation Community of Washington. She is author of bestselling Radical Acceptance and True Refuge, and leads accredited workshops for mental health professionals interested in integrating meditation into the practice of psychotherapy. Tara offers meditation retreats at centers in the United States and in Europe. Her podcasted talks and meditations are downloaded about a million times each month.
In addition to her public teaching, Tara is active in bringing meditation into DC area schools, prisons and to underserved populations, and in activities that promote racial justice.
Financial: Tara Brach is the found of Insight Meditation Community of Washington. She receives a speaking honorarium from PESI, Inc. She has no relevant financial relationships with ineligible organizations.
Non-financial: Tara Brach has no relevant non-financial relationship to disclose.
More courses from the same author: Tara BrachShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses