Description of Rolling along the Anatomy trains
Join two expert tour guides as you roll through the Anatomy Trains to lighten and enlighten your body. This innovative collaboration in connected self-treatment combines research, practical application and a wealth of clinical experience.
Jill Miller and Tom Myers prepare you with the latest in soft-tissue science and take you on a deep dive into unique self-massage sequences that help you directly contact the Anatomy Trains and build your tactile self-treatment map. Awaken your embodied senses as you travel deep inside and take in the enormous view of your body’s inner space.
This Rolling along the Anatomy trains course was designed for the Fitness Professional, Clinician, Massage Therapist, Anatomy enthusiast and High Performance Athlete interested in combining the latest in fascia science with effective self-treatment strategies that can be shared with clients and used for your own self-care practice.
YOU’LL ALSO GET MULTI-SEGMENT LECTURE SERIES ON:
- Fascia, Biotensegrity, BodyReady and Neuromyofascial Health
- Best use practices and modifications for SMFR with the Roll Model Balls
- The nine key rolling techniques coupled with breath and mindset instruction for downregulation
- Rolling Along the Anatomy Trains provides practical application and context for a greater understanding of the recommended movements and exercises as you develop a felt experience from the perspective of spatial medicine.
What you will learn in Rolling along the Anatomy trains
IN this Rolling along the Anatomy trains COURSE you will:
- Map your body’s Anatomy Trains lines, combining Tom Myers’ myofascial meridians and Jill Miller’s Roll Model® Method
- Craft your own tactile map with rich anatomy lectures, self-palpation, fascia-friendly massage balls and novel movement explorations
- Learn about fascia and its properties, along with best self-help practices cherry-picked from their favorite toolkits
- Practice empowering self-myofascial mobilization techniques applicable to any fitness or therapeutic practice
- Discover a novel range of test/retest exercises that tap into each Anatomy Train
- Review and solidify your learning through online quizzes
Since the times of Aristotle and Newton, we’ve broken things down, as if you could assemble the pieces from the parts – Rolling Along the Anatomy Trains takes a different approach, showing the interconnectedness throughout the fabric of the body, and provides a whole body perspective to knit them back together.
Key takeways from Rolling along the trains:
- Learn 6 major Anatomy Trains and the interconnectedness of the body as you physically palpate and explore each line
- Engage in innovative test/retest mobility drills that serve to reinforce what you’ve learned
- Explore dozens of self-massage techniques based around the latest in fascia research
- Discover new autonomic nervous system adjustment prompts for yourself and your clients
- Gain a concrete understanding of the full line effects of rolling; how precision rolling of one local area has a global range of motion shift throughout your body
About Tom Myers and Jill Miller
About Tom Myers
Tom Myers has practiced integrative manual therapy for over 40 years in a variety of clinical and cultural settings. Tom is the author of Anatomy Trains (2020, 4th ed), co-author of Fascial Release for Structural Balance (North Atlantic, 2010, 2017), co-author of Anatomy Trains in Motion Study Guide (2019), author of Body3, The Anatomist’s Corner, Structural Integration: Collected Articles, and BodyReading: Visual Assessment and The Anatomy Trains, and has also written extensively for Journal of Bodywork and Movement Therapies (Elsevier).
He has also produced over 20 online learning courses with Anatomy Trains, and others in collaboration with various body-minded professional groups. Tom lives and sails on the coast of Maine in the USA. Tom and his team deliver professional development courses and certification in Structural Integration worldwide.
Ablout jill Miller
Jill Miller, C-IAYT, ERYT, is the co-founder of Tune Up Fitness Worldwide, creator of the self-care fitness formats Yoga Tune Up® and The Roll Model® Method and author of best-selling book on myofascial release The Roll Model: A Step-by-Step Guide to Erase Pain, Improve Mobility and Live Better in Your Body, as well as a contributing author to the book Fascia, Function, and Medical Applications.
With more than thirty years of study in anatomy and movement, she is a pioneer in forging relevant links between the worlds of fitness, yoga, massage, athletics, and pain management. She is known as the Teacher’s Teacher and has trained thousands of movement educators, clinicians, and manual therapists to incorporate her paradigm shifting self-care fitness programming into athletic and medical facility programs internationally.
She has crafted original programs for 24 Hour Fitness, Equinox, YogaWorks, and numerous professional sports teams. Jill and her team of 500-plus teachers empower people to live better in their body with an emphasis on proprioception, mobility, breath mechanics, and recovery.
More courses from the same author: Tom MyersShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1