Description of Science of Stretch: Anatomy Training for Stability and Resilience
The word “flexibility” is often associated with yoga. But what does it mean to be flexible? In this online course, Anatomy Trains founder Tom Myers walks you through the latest science on stretching, including the roles that fascia and your nervous system play, as well as common yoga injuries and postural patterns associated with both stiffness and hypermobility. You’ll learn how to work with both in your practice, or with your yoga students.
We all have either experienced injury, instability, or tightness; or we have had students who have come to us for solutions for them. This course will help you understand the basics of stretch—what anatomical systems are in play. But most importantly, body reading and postural clinics within the course will help you start to identify postural patterns in yourself and your students and adjust what you are teaching in ways that will lead to integrated wellness.
What you will learn in Science of Stretch: Anatomy Training for Stability and Resilience
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- The anatomy of stretch
- New science on stretch
- The relationship between fascial systems and stretch
- The relationship between your nervous system and stretch
- How to identify postural patterns
- How to apply these principles to asana
- Lectures that help you understand anatomical systems in the context of stretch
- Body reading clinics and asana practices that help embody what you’ve learned
- Homework to prepare you for the next lesson
- Module 1 | Welcome to The Science of Stretch
- Science of Stretch Manual
- Module 2 | The Anatomy of Stretch
- Where stretch happens
- Types of stretch
- Systems that inform stretch
- Module 3 | Focus on Fascia
- Fascial basics
- Fascial genetics
- Stretching Fascia
- Stretch injuries, overuse, and underuse
- Module 4 | The Neurology of Stretching
- The neurology of stretching
- Fascial neurology
- Neuromuscular stretching
- Module 5 | Special Cases and Body Reading
About Tom Myers
Tom Myers is the author of Anatomy Trains (used around the world in yoga teacher trainings) and the co-author of Fascial Release for Structural Balance. He has also produced over 35 DVDs and numerous webinars on visual assessment, Fascial Release Technique, and the applications of fascial research. Myers has practiced integrative manual therapy for 40 years and is a member of the International Association of Structural Integrators (IASI) and the Health Advisory Board for Equinox.
Based in Maine, Myers and his faculty provide continuing education in Anatomy Trains and holistic myofascial strategies for a variety of movement and manual therapy professionals worldwide, as well as professional certification in Structural Integration based on the Anatomy Trains Myofascial Meridians. He studied directly with Drs. Ida Rolf, Moshe Feldenkrais, and Buckminster Fuller. He has also studied with movement teachers Judith Aston, Emilie Conrad, and in the martial arts. His Structural Integration program is influenced by cranial, visceral, and intrinsic movement studies with European schools of osteopathy.
More courses from the same author: Tom MyersShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
When will I receive my course?
You will receive a link to download your course immediately or within 1 to 21 days. It depends on the product you buy, so please read the short description of the product carefully before making a purchase.
How is my course delivered?
We share courses through Google Drive, so once your order is complete, you’ll receive an invitation to view the course in your email.
To avoid any delay in delivery, please provide an Gmail and enter your email address correctly in the Checkout Page.
In case you submit a wrong email address, please contact us to resend the course to the correct email.
How do I check status of my order?
Please log in to CourseAMZ account then go to Order Page. You will find all your orders includes number, date, status and total price.
If the status is Processing: Your course is being uploaded. Please be patient and wait for us to complete your order. If your order has multiple courses and one of them has not been updated with the download link, the status of the order is also Processing.
If the status is Completed: Your course is ready for immediate download. Click “VIEW” to view details and download the course.
Where can I find my course?
Once your order is complete, a link to download the course will automatically be sent to your email.
You can also get the download link by logging into your CourseAMZ account then going to Downloads Page.
You may also like:
- See more Meditation courses
- See more Fitness courses
- See more Trauma Healing courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Behavioral Health courses
- See more Mindvalley courses
- See more TheShiftNetwork courses
- See more PESI courses
- See more Yoga courses
- See more Massage courses
- See more Weight Loss courses
- See more Qigong courses
- See more Gym courses
- See more Detox courses
- See more Athlean X courses
- See more Beachbody courses
- See more Cognitive Behavioral courses
- See more Positive Psychology courses
- See more Neuro-linguistic programming courses
- See more Ericksonian Hypnotherapy courses
- See more Self Hypnosis courses
- See more Talmadge Harper courses
- See more NICABM courses
- See more Seduction courses
- See more Sex Tips courses
- See more Dirty Talk courses
- See more Body Language courses
- See more Gabrielle Moore courses
- See more 2 Girls Teach Sex courses