William McKendree – Pennsylvania Medicare and Beyond
- Part A & Part B
- Medicare Advantage
- Part D
- Dual Eligibility
- Coordination of Benefits
- Changes as of 2018
President Trump’s budget proposal, both the House and Senate’s budget versions, and additional recommendations from the Department of Health and Human Services, guarantee we are going to see significant changes to our health care system.
Join Medicare expert, Attorney William McKendree for the latest healthcare updates and how they impact Medicare & Medicaid. Mr. McKendree explores recent changes (and proposed changes) to the Medicare and Medicaid systems which influence accessibility and affordability. In particular, he will examine the changes beginning in 2018 for the access and utilization of the health care by dual eligible individuals in Pennsylvania under the Community Health Choices (CHC) initiative.
- Evaluate the basic function and utilization of the Medicare System.
- Compile descriptions of the components of the Medicare System – their specific characteristics and functions.
- Assess other programs that provide aid with costs of health care and prescription medications
- Determine how Medicare benefits coordinate and integrate with Medicaid benefits and the other health care benefit programs.
- Prioritize the decisions that individuals need to make to access and utilize the most effective benefit options for their specific needs.
- Investigate the impact of changes to Medicare and Medicaid on dual-eligible patients.
What You’ll Learn In Pennsylvania Medicare and Beyond
7:30 THE MEDICARE SYSTEM
- Medicare’s design & function
- Eligibility & Enrollment in Medicare
- Part A & Part B
- Costs of Medicare
- Coverage & Services
- Enhancements to “Basic” Medicare
- Medi-gap Supplemental Plans
- Medicare Part C – Advantage plan
- Medicare Part D – Prescription Drug Program
9:45 SPECIAL MEDICARE ISSUES
- Continued Implementation of the Affordable Care Act (or Whatever Replaces it) and its Impact
- Hospital Services Under the Medicare System: In-Patient vs Observation
- Accessing Service Providers in Local Managed Care Networks
11:00 Lunch (on your own)
12:00 BEYOND MEDICARE – OTHER HEALTH CARE ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
- Medicaid: Benefits, Eligibility and Enrollment
- Medicare Savings Program: Benefits, Eligibility and Enrollment
- Prescription Drug Assistance Programs; Benefits, Eligibility and Enrollment
1:15 COORDINATION OF BENEFITS
- Coordination Process Between Medicare, Medicaid and other Health Care Assistance Programs
- Accessing Health Care Services and Prescription Drugs for Dual-Eligible Patients
- The impact of Recent Changes to Medicare and Medicaid on the Dual-Eligible Patient
3:00 Evaluations, Adjournment, & Certificates
More courses from the same author: William McKendreeShare Tool - Group Buy Tools and Premium WordPress From $1
There are no reviews yet.